hi

im writin a simple GUI project usin C++ (Dialog). i have an input file with a list of foods. my goal is to display the list of foods in a ComboBox and then Add some new food and Delete some.
But i just cant put the list to a ComboBox (dropdown list style). i used addString method. it didnt work. can anybody just tell me the steps to add a list to a ComboBox using C++?

hi

im writin a simple GUI project usin C++ (Dialog). i have an input file with a list of foods. my goal is to display the list of foods in a ComboBox and then Add some new food and Delete some.
But i just cant put the list to a ComboBox (dropdown list style). i used addString method. it didnt work. can anybody just tell me the steps to add a list to a ComboBox using C++?

Do you have a variable of type control? In other words, it would be a variable defined something like as CComboBox m_Box. If you have a vaiable like this, you can use AddString. That would look like m_Box.AddString(...) in an MFC application.
You can, of course, also have a CString variable associated with the edit box part of the control. Then it would just be a matter of grabbing the CString variable and adding it to the list with AddString.

Do you have a variable of type control? In other words, it would be a variable defined something like as CComboBox m_Box. If you have a vaiable like this, you can use AddString. That would look like m_Box.AddString(...) in an MFC application.
You can, of course, also have a CString variable associated with the edit box part of the control. Then it would just be a matter of grabbing the CString variable and adding it to the list with AddString.

thanks. now i have the list in the combobox, BUT the list doesnt come down when i hit down arrow. i am trying to use m_combo.create but i dont know what parameters i should use, for example .. CWnd *PparentWnd.
or is there any way i can make the combobox to drop the list when i hit down arrow?
thanks in advance.

thanks. now i have the list in the combobox, BUT the list doesnt come down when i hit down arrow. i am trying to use m_combo.create but i dont know what parameters i should use, for example .. CWnd *PparentWnd.
or is there any way i can make the combobox to drop the list when i hit down arrow?
thanks in advance.

=======================

what u need to do is during the design time itself after placing the combobox, then click on the arrow. u will see a rectangle box in the background , then drag it , to wahtever lenght u need to use, start using it and enjoy coding.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.