hey guys, have a challenge for you guys, i am making a rpg game in c++ and need some help figurin out the creatures, and items the player will have, i know i won't get many replys to this so don't expect to get all of what i am looking for but would greatly appreciate some help from some creative and imaginative ppl.

for those of you who are interested this is what i need:

1)25 Creatures to fight
2)25 Weapons
3)25 Armour (that is 25 helms, 25 body armours, 25 legs, 25 shields, 25 boots, and 25 gloves)
4)25 Jewlery (that is 25 rings, and 25 necklaces/amulets)

the Creatures need to include:
~the creature's lvl
~it's hit points/life
~it's def. it has
~it's strength
~it's accuracy
~the amount of experience you get from killing it
~the amount of Gold you are able to get from it
~the name of the creature
~and possible items you can get (type of item and lvl of item)

the Weapons need to include:
~name
~type (i.e. dagger, sword, 2h sword, flail, mace ect....)
~strength lvl needed to use it
~agility lvl needed to use it (if any)
~abilities/bonuses the char gets from wielding it
~maximum dammage it can do
~the type of dammage it does (i.e. melee, magic, magic + melee, and the type of magic it does if it does that type of dammage)

the armour needs to include:
~name
~amount of def. it has
~lvl needed to wear it
~agility lvl needed to wear it
~if it is part of a set (kinda like Diablo 2 does with the item sets but just with armour)
~abilities/bonuses the char gets for wearing it
~and the type of armour it is (body, helm, legs, shield, gloves, boots)

the Jewlery needs to include:
~name
~type (ring or necklace/amulet)
~abilities/bonuses the char gets for wearing it
~lvl needed to wear it (if any)

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

You can write a program to create all these things. Just a random generator for the quantities. The names you can find in adventure books for children, comics, old movies/games or.. in your imagination ;)

ya i was gonna do that for the lower level ones (kinda like junk items) but i want so many items like this that are set so that ppl can brag "o ya well i got this item" lol get what i mean?

well it is kinda har to guess wath you want for req's when I have no idea wath max req's and sutch are, so I'l just poste some name:

Weapons:
Hammer of Thor (pref do some extra lightning dam :) )
Sling of Goliat
Deaths sausage
Devils tothpick

Jewlery
Odins Eye (pref add some to wis)

Creatures
Lemmen (evil mad little creature)

was just the ones on the top of my mind.

well it is kinda har to guess wath you want for req's when I have no idea wath max req's and sutch are, so I'l just poste some name:

Weapons:
Hammer of Thor (pref do some extra lightning dam :) )
Sling of Goliat
Deaths sausage
Devils tothpick

Jewlery
Odins Eye (pref add some to wis)

Creatures
Lemmen (evil mad little creature)

was just the ones on the top of my mind.

for the amount of dammage, it is up to whoever makes the weapon or such, i just started on this and haven't established any true variables yet, i have figured all the functions i need, declared all the variables that i need, and am in the process of setting values to those variables, i posted every req. for the weapon that you need, and can post all the char things that i have, and can add more to it, remember, none of these variables are truely set in stone quite yet.

the char has these variables in him (user's char that is):
~hp
~maxhp
~money
~name
~char. type (human, elf, mage, ect... ect...)
~agility lvl
~xp
~mage lvl
~def
~str.
~chef (for cooking food to raise health other wise there are gonna be potions and places to buy food and potions too)
~inteligence (lol i didn't even have to tell you this one with that ammy u suggested, you have good intel! lol)
~the lvl of the char
~defence lvl
~strength lvl

i am not saying that i need these variables used, i am just stating the ones i have for you guys to play off of (cus these are all dynamic variables, change all the time). and if you have any other suggestions as to attributes of anything go ahead and say em, i am very open. and ty zyruz for your suggestions i will try and figure out some numbers for them unless you have perfered ones for anything just go ahead and state them.

Encyclopedia Mythica

Oldschool still works, yo.
And it's a good way to get your imagination in gear.

nice man! they have a beastary and everything! glad you stumbled across this post.

Glad to be of assistance.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.