Hi..anyone here have sms gateway coding (vb.net)for windows application??
i need a free service..meaning i will hope my application can able to send sms to my customer for latest news/promotions. how can i do so? :sad:

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

hi , i am muhtu. i also involve the same kind of project..

can u explain me ur project? did u found any solution??

if i can i will help u

hi friends,

i created a multipls instaces of one windows form.

but i want to pass some information to an particular instances..which means if i open two instaces , i want to pass only one instace form. how to i differenciate that one...

pls i need ur help urgently...

Free can be difficult. I dont know of any free service. But you can use a gateway using SMPP or you can get a easy url based account for sending SMS. The latter way is easy cos all you have to do is call a URL given by the provider with the message and the number as parameters and the message will get delivered.

Another method is to use a GSM modem and AT commands.

http://www.daniweb.com/techtalkforums/thread79473.html

check this thread.

Hi..anyone here have sms gateway coding (vb.net)for windows application??
i need a free service..meaning i will hope my application can able to send sms to my customer for latest news/promotions. how can i do so? :sad:

This you can use. I registered with this outfit and I could buy smses and send sms to any phone through my website. The following code shows the format. It's really simple. Any company you register with will give you the dlls to install on your machines giving you access to their gateways. Best of luck. Get back to me for further questions

'use the intellisoftwares' gateway
'objIntelliSMS = New IntelliSMS
'objIntelliSMS.PrimaryGateway = "https://www.intellisoftware.co.uk"
'objIntelliSMS.BackupGateway = "https://www.intellisoftware2.co.uk"
'objIntelliSMS.Username = "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
'objIntelliSMS.Password = "xxxxxx"
'Try
' objIntelliSMS.SendMsg(strCellFoneNo, "This sms operation  is successful", "www.MySite.com")
' lblError.Text = "SMS Sent successfully to " & strCellFoneNo
'Catch Ex As Exception
' lblError.Text = "Error!: SMS could not be sent to " & strCellFoneNo
'Finally
'End Try

This you can use. I registered with this outfit and I could buy smses and send sms to any phone through my website. The following code shows the format. It's really simple. Any company you register with will give you the dlls to install on your machines giving you access to their gateways. Best of luck. Get back to me for further questions

hi jamello
how much this bulk gateway costs.bcoz i need it for my project.approximately we can send 200 a year.so it s not affordable.
then where do we get those service providers?

hi jamello
how much this bulk gateway costs.bcoz i need it for my project.approximately we can send 200 a year.so it s not affordable.
then where do we get those service providers?

Why don't you try the link I gave in the original post. The pricing and costs are explicit on the web site (www.intellisoft.co.uk).
Successful? get back to me. Peace:cool:

Hi guyz...here is a sample code to send SMS (to the world)...please (any junior/senior) poster update me with you feedbacks...

private void Send_Click(object sender, System.EventArgs e)
{
   try
      {
    SmsTest.com.webservicex.www.SendSMSWorld smsWorld =  
         new SmsTest.com.webservicex.www.SendSMSWorld();
            smsWorld.sendSMS(txtEmailId.Text.Trim(), 
                    txtCountryCode.Text.Trim(), 
                    txtMobileNo.Text.Trim(), txtMessage.Text);
        lblMessage.Visible = true;
        lblMessage.Text="Message Send Succesfully";
      }

catch(Exception ex)
    {
        lblMessage.Visible = true;
        lblMessage.Text="Error in Sending message"+ex.ToString();
    }
}
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.