guys my instructor gave me a project :

a file that contain 5 text files

2 for sale_item( header file, cpp file_

2 for sale file ( header file, cpp file

1 for main

-------------------------------------------------------------

to start u need 2:

1. create new project

2. call it the same name as main file (a3main)

3. change from gui to console

4. add 2 nodes sale file and sale item

5 delete the def node

6. run

then a black box shows that tells u error no1 and the probem

there are 16 errors.
--------------------------------------------------------------

thx for helping guys this is my first post im really desperate here

put these attached files into 1 folder

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Just so we're all clear, your instructor gave you a number of source files which approximately do what you want, but for some reason there are
- some syntax errors
- some missing functionality
which YOU are supposed to fix?

Have you fixed any?

Just so we're all clear, your instructor gave you a number of source files which approximately do what you want, but for some reason there are
- some syntax errors
- some missing functionality
which YOU are supposed to fix?

Have you fixed any?

that what i need to do
fixed first 4 but u need to go one by one to reach 16 im stuck at 4

plz give it a shot

Why do you expect others to do your homework? This approach will never work out on these forums.

Instead show us that you have done some effort and explain what you are having problems with. You say you have fixed 4 out of 16 problems, that means all the other 12 errors you can't fix? Or did you stop trying when you couldn't fix the 5th error.

A better approach would be to paste the error you are getting and paste the code where the error occurs. Then write something what YOU think is wrong and show that you have actually thought about the problem, then we can give you a hint on how to solve the error.

After all you are in school to learn, not to let others do the work for you and copy it.

commented: Well said +36

Why do you expect others to do your homework? This approach will never work out on these forums.

Instead show us that you have done some effort and explain what you are having problems with. You say you have fixed 4 out of 16 problems, that means all the other 12 errors you can't fix? Or did you stop trying when you couldn't fix the 5th error.

A better approach would be to paste the error you are getting and paste the code where the error occurs. Then write something what YOU think is wrong and show that you have actually thought about the problem, then we can give you a hint on how to solve the error.

After all you are in school to learn, not to let others do the work for you and copy it.

i said im stuck at 4 need help at this one i dont need the entire home work

but to do 4 u need to open a project and do first three thats my point only

That's not really how it should work. It is good that you include the entire project so that we CAN download and compile it entirely. But that shouldn't be necessary if you give us a clear description of the error and paste the code where the error is occurring (paste the function where the error is and any relevant code we might need to see). Then if this code isn't enough to solve the problem we will download the whole source and look at it.

No offense intended but if you ask your questions like this it only looks like you are asking for others to do your homework. So please copy/paste the error and relevant code (with code tags of course) and tell us a little what you think the error could mean, so that we can see that you have actually thought about it (this is the most important part). Right now we are completely in the dark about what you have tried, what the error is about and we even still need to fix the first 3 errors before we come to the point where we can start helping you?

That's not really how it should work. It is good that you include the entire project so that we CAN download and compile it entirely. But that shouldn't be necessary if you give us a clear description of the error and paste the code where the error is occurring (paste the function where the error is and any relevant code we might need to see). Then if this code isn't enough to solve the problem we will download the whole source and look at it.

No offense intended but if you ask your questions like this it only looks like you are asking for others to do your homework. So please copy/paste the error and relevant code (with code tags of course) and tell us a little what you think the error could mean, so that we can see that you have actually thought about it (this is the most important part). Right now we are completely in the dark about what you have tried, what the error is about and we even still need to fix the first 3 errors before we come to the point where we can start helping you?

thx for nothing guys first time i post no help hehehe

what a forum ...

for the guys who replied i only asked for error 6 to 12 which take approx 5 min for an experianced programmer .... talking to me about morrality like im the immoral person....well if some one is immoral he would be my stupid instructor who gave me a project during finals... well ill appreciate help from someone......its ok to do my project this time forumers im desperate due date is thursday and im stuck what do u want me to tell umore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

commented: Wrong: one of the reasons we're good is because we can fix our own errors. You would be USELESS in the work environment, and we don't like dragging dead weight around. Learn to debug, or find another career. -7

thx for nothing guys first time i post no help hehehe

what a forum ...

for the guys who replied i only asked for error 6 to 12 which take approx 5 min for an experianced programmer .... talking to me about morrality like im the immoral person....well if some one is immoral he would be my stupid instructor who gave me a project during finals... well ill appreciate help from someone......its ok to do my project this time forumers im desperate due date is thursday and im stuck what do u want me to tell umore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 minutes? Think again. We'd have to download your files, start a project, see what the problems are, fix them, upload them, tell you what was wrong, post it, etc. We don't even know what the program is supposed to do. And to reiterate what thelamb said, it doesn't look like you've made an attempt yourself or if you have, you haven't posted.

You're in the wrong forum. This is mostly C code. You should probably post there, given headers like these:

#include <iostream.h>
#include <string.h>
#include <fstream.h>

Read this link regarding fstream.h. It's from five years ago, but probably still relevant.

http://www.daniweb.com/forums/thread11430.html

"4) add 2 nodes sale file and sale item"

First I do not know what a sale file is nor a sale item. I do not
bother to download your code to see because most here are too
lazy to do that, including me.

So if you post and show what they are then we could help you.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.