Hey it's me again. i know u guys might be sick of me asking q's but i really need ur help. i'm trying to make a game now for my brother for his birthday. and i have the boundary code i need thanks to u guys but i decided to tweak teh game a little more and have the objects u are supposed to not hit be moving across the screen, like traffic in Frogger. It kind of needs to be a loop but i can't figure out how to make the objects scroll across the screenin the preset order (ex. if it were shapes, like, circle, rectangle, square, triangle, circle, square, rectangle, triangle, etc.) if anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

sorry, i made a mistake, the shape example should be in the same order, so circle, rectangle, square triangle, not circle, square, rectangle, triangle,

Hey it's me again. i know u guys might be sick of me asking q's but i really need ur help. i'm trying to make a game now for my brother for his birthday. and i have the boundary code i need thanks to u guys but i decided to tweak teh game a little more and have the objects u are supposed to not hit be moving across the screen, like traffic in Frogger. It kind of needs to be a loop but i can't figure out how to make the objects scroll across the screenin the preset order (ex. if it were shapes, like, circle, rectangle, square, triangle, circle, square, rectangle, triangle, etc.) if anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated.

Put the options into a group box. Do you want your brother to pick more than one option or pick the lot? If it is one option put them as radio buttons.(radSquare, etc.) If you want all the options then it would be a checkbox. (chkSquare, etc.) Hope that helps.

no, i don't think u understand, i need different shapes to scroll across the screen in a set pattern repeatedly, like the traffic in frogger

Put the options into a group box. Do you want your brother to pick more than one option or pick the lot? If it is one option put them as radio buttons.(radSquare, etc.) If you want all the options then it would be a checkbox. (chkSquare, etc.) Hope that helps.

I'm sorry.... did you even read his post?

i don't understand. the point of my game is to get ur person across the screen without getting hit the objects scrolling across the screen. if sumone could please give me a little code and wlak me through it it would be greatly appreciated. the only code i have left is to have preset objects scroll across the screen in a loop. i already have the boundary code and everything else. i just need have preset labels scroll across the screen in a loop

HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!

is there any example of the code for this problem?
can you post it here?

Gambit0789, he showed you the method to code the shapes.
To move the object put a timer on the page and =+ 10 object location.

If object location > screen size object location = screen size - object width

Your is how you spell 'ur'. Work on your grammar dude, don't be a retard.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.