i trying to write a code which will read from user input of the percentage of some words to be appear.
example
user will input 50 5 when the program runs. 50 is the total number of runs and 5 means of the total runs it will have 5% of maybe appear "detected".

i need on some advice of making the 5% that will appear "detected" out of the 50?

i trying to write a code which will read from user input of the percentage of some words to be appear.
example
user will input 50 5 when the program runs. 50 is the total number of runs and 5 means of the total runs it will have 5% of maybe appear "detected".

i need on some advice of making the 5% that will appear "detected" out of the 50?

You need to provide way more detail and use much more precise language. I can guess what you are trying to do, but it's just a guess.

it requires user to input 2 values. one of the values is the total number and the other value is percentage it will occur.
Example:
user enter --> 50 5
50 --> means the total number of runs
5 --> means 5% will occurs

i need on some advice on how to implement out of the total only 5% will print "detected"

it requires user to input 2 values. one of the values is the total number and the other value is percentage it will occur.
Example:
user enter --> 50 5
50 --> means the total number of runs
5 --> means 5% will occurs

i need on some advice on how to implement out of the total only 5% will print "detected"

????

I don't know about anyone else. Maybe it makes sense to them. I have no idea what this sentence means:

Also, where do these "words" that are being "detected" (I have no idea what "detected" means here) come from?

i word "detected" is just a hard coded string.

the above statement means i don know how to code it maybe someone can give me some hints on doing it

What is the total?

Are you saying that, you will have for example a loop running 50 times.
Sometimes the loop will print, some times it will not:

for (int i=0;i<50;i++) {

if (something) System.out.println("detected"); //5% of the times, this will be printed
else System.out.println(""); //nothing printed

}

Is this what you are trying to accomplish?

yes javaAddict!!! it is wat i meant but how can i make it that 5% it will print out "detected"?

This method returns numbers from 0 to 1: Math.random() In the for loop take a number between 0 and 1. (0% - 100%)
If the number is lower than the percentage print, else don't print.

0 ------ 5% (0.05) ------------------------------------- 100% (1.0)
|---------|---------------------------------------------------|
|
^
If the number is here (between that space) then print. If it is outside of that space don't print

Well I have not understood your problem completely, but from what I have understood here's the solution

Step1. Take input to a string. Note: "50 5" will be bought in a single string
Step 2. Split the string w.r.t. " " (Space) using split function in String class.
Step 3. split() method returns array of string.
Step 4. Apply Integer.parseInt() method on second string obtained after splitting

This article has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.