I have made a login form in C#.net windows application i am facing a problem during connecting it to the database SQL Server 2005 it is sending error 25 it will be helpful for me if somebody solve this problem if will be better if somebody send me coding also

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Do you have local and remote connections enabled for the server?
If you are not sure, check out this link: Setup

Can you also post the exception information that was provided and the connection string you are using to connect to the database? A quick google shows error 25 as an invalid connection string.

I have also posted a snippet of a login screen at http://www.daniweb.com/code/snippet1244.html. It may be a nice reference.

I am receiving this exception

(An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 25 - Connection string is not valid)

plz help

Well.... :

Can you also post the exception information that was provided and the connection string you are using to connect to the database? A quick google shows error 25 as an invalid connection string.

I am receiving this exception

(An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 25 - Connection string is not valid)

plz help

Did you check the SQL Server setup (via the link I gave you below) to ensure you have the proper connections enabled?

Do you have local and remote connections enabled for the server?
If you are not sure, check out this link: Setup (click mouse here to view link)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.