hi helper,

i'm trying userlogin web app....where logged in user ID's are sent to a hash map .....so that admin can view logged in users list...

my problem is... hash map is creating new map (which replaces the old map) when ever a user logs in.... so admin is able to view only last logged in user.........

is it possible to do with out a db.....? i think it is...

it will be so confusing 4 u if i put my code here....
plz gimme an idea of how to implement that (in detail if possible)

thanks in advance
BeanBoy

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Although you have mentioned that you are working on a web application, you have not even given us the slightest hint as to what are you using in that web application, is it JSP, Servlets etc.

is it possible to do with out a db.....? i think it is...

Yes its perfectly possible, although restricted to the list of users logged in since the last time your web application was reloaded or your web server restarted, if you want it to persist even across that, then its got to be a DB or a File to store that info.

In the former if using a JSP,you want your HashMap object to be visible across multiple sessions it will have to be in the "Application" scope.
Alternatively if you are using servlets, you could have your HashMap initialised in the init() method of your Servlet, and then just keep adding the list of Users logging in, in your corresponding service() or doGet() or doPost() method whichever you are using.

Although you have mentioned that you are working on a web applic.........the list of Users logging in, in your corresponding service() or doGet() or doPost() method whichever you are using.

thanQ vry much

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.