Dear All

Hi, I'm developing the MES program for our customer company. I completed the program except one. The user requests, the information have to pop-up if user modifed the data in the application. This application was composed by 2 spreads, 2 buttons and 2 combo boxes. If user modified the data in one spread and he didn't presss the save button and move the cursor, the warning message have to show to remind the user for it.

What event I can use? I heard leave event and editchanged, but there wasn't active.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Look at the Validating and Validated events. The Validating event is generated when the user tries to leave the control and can be canceled if data doesn't pass checks. The Validated event will then be called only if the data passed in the Validating event. By comparing the old and new values, you know whether the data has actually been changed and you can retain a boolean for your form to know if data needs to be saved.

Look at the Validating and Validated events. The Validating event is generated when the user tries to leave the control and can be canceled if data doesn't pass checks. The Validated event will then be called only if the data passed in the Validating event. By comparing the old and new values, you know whether the data has actually been changed and you can retain a boolean for your form to know if data needs to be saved.

I meant this for TextBox controls--sorry, I need more coffee. Can you use those events for your spreads?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.