I'm working on TSR through C. i have writen dogens of them for dos, :rolleyes: but it works for dos only, can you tell me who to write TSR's for windows.
Thankyou....

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Windows is a multi-tasking system, there's no need for TSR's.

Windows is a multi-tasking system, there's no need for TSR's.

so what does a TSR do why it's not needed in a multi-tasking system?

TSR means Terminate and Stay Resident. It's a memory resident program that can be killed and then accessed immediately with a hot key combination. It's a way of keeping a program running in the background on a system (such as DOS) that can't run more than one program at a time. Because Windows can have multiple programs running at the same time, TSR's aren't necessary anymore.

The equivalent to a TSR in a Win32 program would be something like creating a program to run without the window and not show up on the Taskbar.

TSR means Terminate and Stay Resident. It's a memory resident program that can be killed and then accessed immediately with a hot key combination. It's a way of keeping a program running in the background on a system (such as DOS) that can't run more than one program at a time. Because Windows can have multiple programs running at the same time, TSR's aren't necessary anymore.

The equivalent to a TSR in a Win32 program would be something like creating a program to run without the window and not show up on the Taskbar.

What a coincidence!!!

:D

I was just reading this "Learning the Unix Operating Systems" book wait for a computer to use and it said "Some computers hava a single-user OS, which means that only one person can use the computer at a time. Many Older OSes (such as MS-DOS) can also do only one job at a time. But almost any computer cand do a lot..."

See how thing's work out for me ;)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.