Hi,
I'm planning to work something with XML and Python. As part of familializing with it, I want to make simple playlist for a wxMedia player. the player is simply wx.MediaCtrl with some buttons and wxListCtrl as list container. My Question is, what process does it take to get playlis and write an mp3 (let say), to a playlist?

Another questio, is it must that the playlist have .xml extension? or it can be something like .playlist?

Thanks for devoting your time helping :)

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

I'm confused. Are you implementing your own proprietary playlist format, a widely format, or a playlist format specific to wxMediaCtrl?

I'm confused. Are you implementing your own proprietary playlist format, a widely format, or a playlist format specific to wxMediaCtrl?

sorry for late reply, I was out of the net for some time.
I want to implement ANY type of XML playlist. My aim is learning xml through that, and any playlist fromat that is XML is welcomed.
Only thing is I should be able to LOAD, ADD, DELETE and SAVE file information on that XML file

If I'm still confusing just tell me and I will try to my best to explain :)

Oh, okay. If you just want to learn how to program xml (and what a nice fun way this is), a good idea may be to implement your own based on SMIL.

SMIL itself is very similar to xHTML, so it won't be hard to learn if you already know that (and xHTML isn't very hard at all).

Tutorial

To answer your other questions:

* Have a look at the xml.minidom namespace
* An extension is just an extension. It doesn't have any magic properties that change the contents of your file (The file would still contain an xml playlist regardless of what extension you give it). If however, you are using a popular playlist format (wpl for example, based on smil), a good idea would be to save them as .wpl so that windows media player would read them.

Thanks alot Scru
I will dig in. I will keep the thread open in case of any Idea or if I will need help on the mentioned stuffs :)
Thank you!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.