I am trying to use the data form wizard to create a chart for my program using the information in a database. On the section that asks you to select the database, I click browse, go to whre my database is saved and click ok. When I try to click next it says something like database format not recgionised. The database was created using MS Access in MS Office XP.

Is this a known problem with this or is it something I am doing wrong?

The database works fine otherwise in the program, ie it will read the information and display it, It will write/delete in the database. but it just wont let me use the data form wizard.

Any help is much appreciated!

Contributors
Views
12 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by frogman_fizz

Your problem is most likely due to the fact you are using a newer version of Access than VB recognises.

You can make a copy of the database that is in a previous version format... Open your database in Acess go to the tools menu. Select the database utilities submenu and click: convert database > to a prior access database version

You will need to give the newly created database a new name and change the code in your VB project to point to the new file.

Good luck

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.