Hello all

We are using subversion as our source repository and trying to backup the repo using Subversion hotbackup.py script

I am very much new to python scripting and trying to understand the below error message

IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied
Exception IOError: (13, 'Permission denied') in <bound method ZipFile.__del__ of <zipfile.ZipFile instance at 0x00000000013EDF88>> ignored
close failed in file object destructor:
IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied

The above message in the backup log is very random, some days backup completes without any issues on some other time the above message pops up in the log, It is very frustrating to troubleshoot where the problem is and we are stuck without any solution to the above error. Has anybody seen this message before, If atleast somebody can give me a clues where i can start to look around for answers.

Any help with this is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Ravi.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I don't know about this tool but i would guess that the script tries to delete an opened file (is it a zip file or a file inside a zip file, i don't know)

how does that script look like?
post source code, at least suspected erroneous part.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.