Right now I'm reading up on the chapter "File Processing" to help me quench my thirst for putting C++ to USE in the real world. Seems to be the most powerful subject so far.

Can you please clarify the difference between Sequential Access Files and Random Access Files? What are their Advantages and Disadvantages?

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

I answered your question in the original thread that you asked it, but for convenience I'll copy the answer here:

>Can you please clarify the difference between Sequential Access Files and Random Access Files?
Humor my love for simile. A sequential access file is like traversing a linked list, while a random access file is like indexing an array. The same advantages and disadvantages apply.

>traversing

?

wanna play chess real quick? maybe this time i'll let YOU beat me

>>traversing
>?
Going from one end to the other.

>wanna play chess real quick?
Of the many things that I can do at work, playing chess would raise too many eyebrows.

^^^gotcha

>wanna play chess real quick?
Of the many things that I can do at work, playing chess would raise too many eyebrows.

lol, i thought you was the boss?

>lol, i thought you was the boss?
Not the boss boss, just the boss. I can still get fired by any of my superiors.

>lol, i thought you was the boss?
Not the boss boss, just the boss. I can still get fired by any of my superiors.

If you did get fired, with your knowledge of C++ and my B2B sales savvy we could open our own Software Solutions company.

Microsoft ain't got shit on us girl!

:cool:

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.