ankitjain_dce 0 Newbie Poster

Hi All,
We had an issue in our project that one user was able to see each other's data, we identified the problem as of caching by the proxy server of those users.
On checking we found, we were not specifying any caching preference in our server side code and have learnt since then that by default many proxy servers and almost all browsers cache the data.
After looking on net, we fixed this issue by adding following code in all load actions of our jsps:
response.setHeader( "cache-control","no-cache,no-store, must-revalidate, max-age=0, proxy-revalidate, no-transform, pre-check=0, post-check=0, private" );
Now on doing browser since page was not cached back browser will have to come to server again and this is what we desired.
This is working well in Mozilla but not in I.E(atleast not in i.e.6)
In I.E., we are getting page not found and on refreshing the page an expired page message, on one more refresh it works.
But is there a way that we can make back browser work in all browsers w/o user getting page not found or page can't be displayed?
Also best solution for us will be if page was cached only for one user and for next user ist should go to server, i was hoping "private" control of cache would so, but it also doesn't seem to be working in I.E .

Thanks.
Ankit

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.