Hi all,

I'm not sure a allegro questing should e posted in Software Development>C++ but all other allegro questions are in this section, so here goes.

Im doing some Genetic Algorithms, and normaly used OpenGL for doing the graphics, but now I reprogramming the GA to run on multicore systems, and I can't have a lot of treads using the same GPU for the rendering (one GPU doesnt get faster just because hundreds of threads pounds it at any one moment).

So after lookind around I found allegro, which, as I understand, can software render.

So I tried it, but I can't get it to draw to a bitmap without first calling set_gfx_mode, which wants/needs/calls the graphicscard for information.

Here what I basicly want to do.

allegro_init();

BITMAP *bmp = create_bitmap(640, 480);

/* Use the bitmap. */
	 clear_to_color( bmp, makecol( 100, 100, 255));
	 rect( bmp, 70, 70, 90, 90, makecol( 0, 0, 255));
         rectfill( bmp, 100, 100, 440, 320, makecol( 12, 34, 200));
      // And all other forms of drawing functions

save_bmp("dump.bmp", bmp, 0);

destroy_bitmap(bmp);

It does give me an output of the specified size, but empty.

Any ideas? (other lib ideas are also welcome, have looked at SDL, Cairo but allegro was easy to intergrate with VC Express)

- Henning

Perhaps try the official Allegro forum? Here, only a small percentage of people know about it, there everybody does. [link]

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.