Good day.!

This will be my problem regarding on how to update the listview when one of the data in the field in sql server tables has been changed.basically, i have achieved the result by looping on the table continuesly with a timer. But is there any other way to get the most efficient solution without looping on that sql server table.?

I dont know if this is the right forum to post with but i think this is because its GUI is vb6.

Thank you guys for giving time with this post.

God bless us..

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

if you use timer at a particular time interval that will use a lot of system resources irrespective of any database changes.

Better use a refresh button , so that the use can get the updated list at their will.

if you use timer at a particular time interval that will use a lot of system resources irrespective of any database changes.

Better use a refresh button , so that the use can get the updated list at their will.

thank you for the idea. I have heard about sql server notification service which can also be done with transact sql. But i stil have not enough knowledge of how to do this stuff with vb6 to SQL server.

Thank you for helping guys.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.