Good day.!

This will be my problem regarding on how to update the listview when one of the data in the field in sql server tables has been changed.basically, i have achieved the result by looping on the table continuesly with a timer. But is there any other way to get the most efficient solution without looping on that sql server table.?

I dont know if this is the right forum to post with but i think this is because its GUI is vb6.

Thank you guys for giving time with this post.

God bless us..

Contributors
Replies
Views
7 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by blocker

if you use timer at a particular time interval that will use a lot of system resources irrespective of any database changes.

Better use a refresh button , so that the use can get the updated list at their will.

if you use timer at a particular time interval that will use a lot of system resources irrespective of any database changes.

Better use a refresh button , so that the use can get the updated list at their will.

thank you for the idea. I have heard about sql server notification service which can also be done with transact sql. But i stil have not enough knowledge of how to do this stuff with vb6 to SQL server.

Thank you for helping guys.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.