TomW 73 Posting Whiz

I have a Crystal Report which has a background made up to match a work form that needs to be filled out with data queried & processed from the database. The finished report has only five single field values and up to six detail records (three fields in each detail record). The 6 detail records need to fit into a fixed size square/box on the background form and some of the individual values fit into fixed boxes below the details section. Since the detail section grows/shrinks depending on the amount of records displayed, the whole bottom of my form is thrown off when there are less then 6 records to display.

I’ve used a few workarounds in the past such as implementing a sub-report in the details section, padding additional blank records to be displayed, and even passing every value as an individual parameter. This produced the desired results but is inefficient and slow. I need to create and send these reports directly to printing as fast as possible and looking for a better way of fixing the size so that all the values remained aligned with the form areas.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.