I need one more help DdoubleD.In my application I have applied functionality for searching various string(form text) which are the combination of characters and math symbols.
Now for varoius symbols like squareroot, cuberoot , fraction, exponent, power,we cannot enter them directly from keyboard.So I have made form text in such a way so that user do not find it difficult to enter these symbols.Like , for squareroot there is sqrt() , for cuberoot there is cuberoot() and so on .
Also to ignore the problem of whitespacing while matching the two strings, i have entered form text without spacing.
But the problem is that when user enters any string and searches it ,the search results appears in such a way which are not easily understandable by the user and user could not find required string (result).
Can you tell me some way or idea for how to display the result that user can understand it and could easily find the required string.

I have attested a thumbnail here, which can give you idea, what i want basically

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Use Latex or MimeTex to get a math representation of an equation and display the resulting image

Use Latex or MimeTex to get a math representation of an equation and display the resulting image

Thanks for your reply sknake.
I know how to generate Latex or Mime Tex.
But how can i used that to display the results that are appearing in the listview..........
Kindly provide me some solution regarding this...........:confused:

If you have not already, take a look at this thread, which quite a bit of work went into related to your question: http://www.daniweb.com/forums/thread226540.html

Then, if you have tried implementing this and cannot get it to work the way you want, post the relevant code with question (project too to be sure).

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.