I have a problem to understand the following code. Can anybody please help me to understand it.

indication = MediumIndication::IDLE;
catIndication = bb->subscribe(this, mi, getParentModule()->getId());

catRadioState = bb->subscribe(this, cs, getParentModule()->getId());

catDroppedPacket = bb->getCategory(droppedPacket);

Specially, in this "bb->subscribe(this, mi, getParentModule()->getId());" part.

Here 'MediumIndication', is a Class, 'mi', 'cs' are object of a class, 'subcribe' is a function, 'getParentModule()', 'getId()' are functions. droppedPacket is also an object of a class. 'bb' is a pointer to a class. I hope it is now clear to you.

Thanks in advance.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

You said it yourself: Here 'MediumIndication', is a Class, 'mi', 'cs' are object of a class, 'subcribe' is a function, 'getParentModule()', 'getId()' are functions. droppedPacket is also an object of a class. 'bb' is a pointer to a class. I hope it is now clear to you.

What more do you expect from us??

You said it yourself: Here 'MediumIndication', is a Class, 'mi', 'cs' are object of a class, 'subcribe' is a function, 'getParentModule()', 'getId()' are functions. droppedPacket is also an object of a class. 'bb' is a pointer to a class. I hope it is now clear to you.

What more do you expect from us??

ok, specifically I didn't understand the following line:
bb->subscribe(this, &mi, getParentModule()->getId())

here what 'bb' tries to do with 'subscribe', though they are not defined in the same class.

you will have to look at the class declarations to find out how subscribe is declared. If its not in the same class as bb then it must be in one of bb's ancestors.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.