Hello guys, it's me again :) This time I want you to show me a way to hide the Windows taskbar in Visual Basic 2008. To be more specific, I created a button in my application that says "Enable Full-Screen". The code I used so far in order to make some other stuff (related to this control) follows as this.

P.S: I want you to tell me where EXACTLY should I add the code and I'll be very glad.

Private Sub EnableFullScreenToolStripMenuItem_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles EnableFullScreenToolStripMenuItem.Click
        If EnableFullScreenToolStripMenuItem.Checked = True Then
            WindowState = FormWindowState.Maximized
            FormBorderStyle = Windows.Forms.FormBorderStyle.None
        Else
            WindowState = FormWindowState.Normal
            FormBorderStyle = Windows.Forms.FormBorderStyle.Sizable
        End If
    End Sub

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Set the size of the form to the screen bound sizes. You will also need an API call in order to hide the taskbar; google, vb.net & Hide Taskbar

Me.Top = 0
Me.Left = 0
Me.Height = Screen.PrimaryScreen.Bounds.Height
Me.Width = Screen.PrimaryScreen.Bounds.Width
Me.FormBorderStyle = FormBorderStyle.None

I don't quite understand man. Please be more specific. And just show me where exactly should I put my code.

Note: I also want to switch back to the normal view when the user unchecks the tool strip item.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.