Hello guys, it's me again :) This time I want you to show me a way to hide the Windows taskbar in Visual Basic 2008. To be more specific, I created a button in my application that says "Enable Full-Screen". The code I used so far in order to make some other stuff (related to this control) follows as this.

P.S: I want you to tell me where EXACTLY should I add the code and I'll be very glad.

Private Sub EnableFullScreenToolStripMenuItem_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles EnableFullScreenToolStripMenuItem.Click
        If EnableFullScreenToolStripMenuItem.Checked = True Then
            WindowState = FormWindowState.Maximized
            FormBorderStyle = Windows.Forms.FormBorderStyle.None
            WindowState = FormWindowState.Normal
            FormBorderStyle = Windows.Forms.FormBorderStyle.Sizable
        End If
    End Sub
8 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by TechSupportGeek

Set the size of the form to the screen bound sizes. You will also need an API call in order to hide the taskbar; google, vb.net & Hide Taskbar

Me.Top = 0
Me.Left = 0
Me.Height = Screen.PrimaryScreen.Bounds.Height
Me.Width = Screen.PrimaryScreen.Bounds.Width
Me.FormBorderStyle = FormBorderStyle.None

I don't quite understand man. Please be more specific. And just show me where exactly should I put my code.

Note: I also want to switch back to the normal view when the user unchecks the tool strip item.

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.