Write the pseudocode for a modular computer program which will read a file of pumpkin weights, one number(in pounds) for each record. the program will print the weight of each pumpkin, count the number of pumpkins, determine the largest pumpkin of all pumpkin records processed, and compute the average weight in the 2010-EOJ module. assume the pumpkins weights are read into the program from an input file. use and automatic end-of-file processing. Be sure to include the following five modules: 1000-pumpkin,2000-hsk, 2010-process,2020-eoj, and 3000-read.

thanks

William Hemsworth commented: No effort, only looking for a quick answer. -1

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

Do it yourself, we aren't a free homework service.

I hate it when they write the assignment word for word and don't even try to venture a guess. :@

I hate it when they write the assignment word for word and don't even try to venture a guess.

Yup, he should just keep watching this until he gets the message.

commented: LOL That is great :) +1

oh well i guess no help on here then.
instead of outright just gettin on someone i think yall shouldnt be as harsh.... u coulda at least tell me where to start first i didnt say write the whole thing for me.

oh well i guess no help on here then.
instead of outright just gettin on someone i think yall shouldnt be as harsh.... u coulda at least tell me where to start first i didnt say write the whole thing for me.

What did you expect? You copy your question here word for word and expect a solution?
The first thing you do on any new forum is read the rules, you didn't show any effort.

We're here to help you with more specific problems, so show us what you have so far, and exactly what you're stuck with.

alright yeah i get it. was kinda a rude thing to do....sorry if i pissed anyone off. but with the first module when it says 1000-pumpkin below it has the 2000-hsk, but after that would it be a do while, or do until for the end-flag?

Maybe I am misunderstanding the question, but if your gonna count 1000 pumpkins then use a for loop that goes from 1 to 1000, and read in the wieghts of the pumpkins.

the 1000 is just the pumpkin module but doesn't actually give me a number of pumpkins just that i have to read a file of pumpkin weights in pounds and keep doing it till how many i have, which is the largest and find the average of em.

A great way to help us quickly understand what you mean.. post what you would expect your output to be once you've finished, and work backwards from there, it just seems slightly vague at the moment.

iam trying to compute the largest and average weights of the pumpkins

I'd probably use an array to store the values. Then maybe use if statements to compare the values. Then add the values and divide by the number of elements in the array to find the average. This is just my first impression, I'm sure others will suggest better ways to go about this.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.