Please help me to code an infinity number in VB

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Huh? How do you record the infinite? You can't! That is why it is infinite. As soon as you come up with a measure of the infinite you find it is larger and thus unquantifiable.

Perhaps you should try to explain in detail what you are wanting to accomplish especially if english is a second language as I think you may have used the wrong word in your description.

Good Luck

Please help me to code an infinity number in VB

Infinity number ?? in vb ??
I don't understand what are you trying to do ...I think there is no need of infinite Numbers in vb.You can declare variables like string , integer , double etc ..
Integers handle normal numbers [ for decimal numbers i am using double ].I think Integer can handle a lot of numbers , normal figures .

If you want to print a bigggggggg number then use a string or text box i think it can include near 32000 or a little more ( one million need only 7 ), i mean a text file full of numbers , a million , a billion or more ...You don't use or read that number ...

I think .. if you use a big number and a big calculation then vb will show an error like overflow error , i don't remember ....

In C atleast you can use link list to represent very big number like 1000! ,etc .

Im making a Calculator, and need to check if the number is not infinity (to prevent crashing if the number has escalated to infinity). I need
If Variable.Text <> Infinity

What about restriction the user input to certain length ?
For output if the value is outside the range of decimal, simply show as out of range. That is exactly what the windows built in calculator does.

I have multiplied a very big integer and the sum made automatically added the "E" and the decimals after that.

1 000 000 000.123456789 * 123456789.123456789.....

Answer returned = 1.23456789138698E+17

This allows 31 DECIMALS!

you can code a number of infinite value in a case as

Case Is < 0

or

Case Is > 0

so that anynumber on either spectrum of zero will be infinite

a case to include zero is simply

Case Is <= 0

and

Case Is >= 0

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.