Hi,
for one of trading application Im working for,
my issue is that.
Presently, data storage from online application to Excel is happen here(using TIcker for ex:{=BDDE|TKR!'\\<DEFAULT>\in@GLDM.1/FLD_BF_TE_HIGH,FLD_ASK_HIGH'} ). means we are storing data( data is not constant, its need to update for every change in online application to Excel sheel immediately) from online application to Excel. and then data will be updated to my local server.
But I need data directly from online application to my local server, means I need to eliminate excel sheets.

Please guide me ..
Thanks
Venkat.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

I would like to clarify what you want because your title and last statement conflict a little I think. Are you wanting to have the client/server application send data directly to another client/server application, bypassing writing/reading to an excel spreadsheet (perhaps as it currently is doing)?

I would like to clarify what you want because your title and last statement conflict a little I think. Are you wanting to have the client/server application send data directly to another client/server application, bypassing writing/reading to an excel spreadsheet (perhaps as it currently is doing)?

Hi DdoubleD,
forget abot Title.
Please go through below lines and guide me
Present :
data - 1.from Online application to Excel sheet (using DDE Ticker)
2.and then form Excel sheet to our application/server
3. from our application to our client(s) application
This is what happen presntly .
But her requirement is like (need to escape from 1 step)

Data- 1. from Online application to our Application/Server
2. from our application to our client(s) application
So here, I need logic/code to get the data without using Excel sheet, but data should come though DDE only,
here I need logic/code to get the data direclty to our Application/Server(we do not want keep any Excel sheets in system).

Awaiting for ur replay
Venkat.

I haven't played with DDE, and from what I've heard about it, I don't think I want too. Are you truly limited to using DDE, or could you implement what you need using Remoting or WCF?

Actually we have NDDE library to connect DDE server from .NET, well im trying more but not able to connect.

Any help me.

>>"here I need logic/code to get the data direclty to our Application/Server"

Getting data directly from the application server depends on how the data is presented. I'm afraid you haven't provided enough information for someone to answer you at this point. Can you explain the project a little more?

>>"here I need logic/code to get the data direclty to our Application/Server"

Getting data directly from the application server depends on how the data is presented. I'm afraid you haven't provided enough information for someone to answer you at this point. Can you explain the project a little more?

See,
online application name is QuoteCenter,when we Excel by using Tickers(DDE ) we can get the data to Excel , same data I need to acces from .net API by usin NDDE.

Please guide me.
Thanks,
Venkat.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.