I want to check by a c program that in a system Microsoft Visual studio Runtime is present or not.
The system might not have complete package of Microsoft Visual studio but we can run a c or c++ program using Microsoft Visual studio Runtime(MVSR)

I want to know that is there any place where any registry files of MVSR are kept which I can search from my program that in a particular PC MVSR is there or not.

Contributors
Replies
Views
7 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Ancient Dragon

Can anyone just give me the info where the microsoft visual studio runtime files are present

I have the runtime.
What i am trying to do is that a server is running in my PC.
When a client requests than with my program I have to check that does his PC has the runtime library or not.
For that there should be a place where some regitery files of VC ruuntime is present which i can query.

which are the runtime file that I have to check

You told Tom you already had the runtime files. In any event, there is a folder named "redist" in your vc++ installation directory. At least I thought those are the dlls you are talking about. There may be others, such as .NET framework. Use this depdency walker to find out what all your program needs.

Edited by Ancient Dragon: n/a

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.