Pretty much what the title says!! Basically I want to store method generated Strings and then plug them into another method - would hashtable be a way to do this??

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Strings can, of course be values in a hastable, but what does that have to do with the rest of the question?

What do you mean by "method generated Strings" and "plug them into another method"?

Also, whatever it is, HashMap would probably be a better choice than Hashtable, unless you have some specific reason for synchronizing access to it.

Strings can, of course be values in a hastable, but what does that have to do with the rest of the question?

What do you mean by "method generated Strings" and "plug them into another method"?

Also, whatever it is, HashMap would probably be a better choice than Hashtable, unless you have some specific reason for synchronizing access to it.

Basically I have a method (tokenizer, but thinking about looking at regex) which splits an input string into smaller strings are r and k and i want to be able to used those substrings to calculate the mass of them (from values stored in a hashmap). So probably thinking about it I'll need to make an array of substrings?

Thanks

I have no idea what you are talking about.

Maybe you should provide a bit of a sample of the data you start with and then a detailed explanation of what you are doing with it (showing the modifications to that data).

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.