Hi All,

I'm doing a mini project which is adding items to the listview and calculate the total price in a label outside the listview.

How do I print the final receipt with all the sold items listed and the total etc

Thanks in advance for ur help

How do I print a final receipt

Recommended Answers

All 13 Replies

Hi. did you get a response on you wanting to print invoice etc. if so can you email me the code examples etc.

Thanks
<snip>

Hi all, i would like to do the same thing with vb.net as well? how should i do it? can someone please provide me guide on how to do this? do i have to start with crystal report? does anybody have tutorials on this?
please help... thanks in advance...

please everyone, can help me in this? thanks a lot... :) btw, i am new to this forum... let me intro myself, i am from malaysia...anyone heard bout this country??? heheh

Member Avatar for iamthwee

If you're looking for something that specifically prints out data in a crystal report style you'd be better of looking at a tutorial in a book rather than on the net as it will cover it in much more depth.

hie, thanks for the reply. i just wan to print the receipt, normal receipt... with those items and price where the user can enter from the form. the receipt may have the company logo or name and the data are located specifically in some page. must i do it in crystal report??? is there any crystal report book that you all recommend? which is easy and useful, thanks a lot :)

Member Avatar for iamthwee

That sounds very much like a crystal report.

There are entire books dedicated to crystal reports. But you'll want one which interfaces with vb.net and your database.

You can do something similar on the fly but getting all your data perfectly aligned etc will take a mammoth effort.

yo i amthwee, thanks a lot for da replies.
any recommended crystal report books? for newbie like me. :) i searched online and found many books, some have good and bad comments. so kinda confused on which book should i buy. Thanks in advance all.

Hi
I m having the same problem as u mentioned.
Can u Send me the code to my id rashmikottur@gmail.com
Its very urgent
Thanks in advance

hie all,
i still have no idea on how to do this, still can't find any tutorials on the net. please help...

Hi All,

I'm doing a mini project which is adding items to the listview and calculate the total price in a label outside the listview.

How do I print the final receipt with all the sold items listed and the total etc

Hi
i m facing the same problem as u mentioned.Can u send me the code to my Id rashmikottur@gamil.com.
Thanks in advance
Plz send me

Hi All,

I think, i also have the same problem.
I got an idea to acomplish this do it with a "list box",
but edit it on properties.
set the border style to NONE, and
BackColor to CONTROL.
By doing this when you execute the program it looks like part
of the report groupbox same backcolor.
From now just use Strings to add the book total.
if this helps and if the same assignment please upload
the code here.

Hi,
Why dont convert data to image format then print it. For example u have data in ListView Convert it to the PictureBox by using Graphics. Then u can print the image. Also Refer PrintDocument Control

Are you looking to use a receipt printer like they have at a store?

If so, use Microsoft.POS class. Google Microsoft POS SDK.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.