Hello Friends,
I'm using PyQt 4.9... I want to have an IDE with code completion to work with Python and PyQt (since we are storing both the codes in a single file with .py extension).. Once i've tested eclipse and pydev plugin.. It was pretty good to work with.. Shall i use eclipse for PyQt and Python??? or should i have to go for PyQt IDE and Python separately??... Thanks in advance...

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

Not all IDE's support code completion well. Of all IDE's I've tried, I found PyDev and Eric4 work best in this respect.

Not all IDE's support code completion well. Of all IDE's I've tried, I found PyDev and Eric4 work best in this respect.

Have you checked Wing IDE yet?
Eric is most of the time associated with PyQT. It is made by It!

Have you checked Wing IDE yet?
Eric is most of the time associated with PyQT. It is made by It!

OK, I should have said "of all free IDE's" :-)

But I still prefer Eclipse + PyDev to Wing.

I tried the latest version of Eric (4.3.9). It assiste with PyQT syntax, but does not accept the newer connect style used with PyQT 4.5+. Somewhat irritating!

I tried the latest version of Eric (4.3.9). It assiste with PyQT syntax, but does not accept the newer connect style used with PyQT 4.5+. Somewhat irritating!

thank you all for ur replies.. For vegaseat:Is it not(Eric 4.3.9) supporting code completion or what????

Right now i'm using eclipse and pydev.. It's looking cool and working well for both python and pyqt.. I'll update you my experience with pydev soon.. Thanks for your replies...

To my knowledge the latest release version of PyQT is 4.6, so I doubt that any IDE will work on code completion for your super advanced version (4.9 ?).

To my knowledge the latest release version of PyQT is 4.6, so I doubt that any IDE will work on code completion for your super advanced version (4.9 ?).

sorry vegaseat.. 6 turned upside down.. he.. he.. :icon_mrgreen::icon_cheesygrin::twisted:

PyQT can be a hassle to setup in Eclipse but when it is set up it works pretty nicely! There is a guide at popdevelop that shows you how to setup Eclipse in Windows to work with PyQT, with code completion and all.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.