I have recently decided to start doing some work using PyQt, I've been told its pretty good, however I hit a bit of a block when I installed Python 2.6 and PyQt4 only to find that every time I try to run any code that uses any PyQt module comes up with an error.
Here are the details of my problem, hopefully someone can help:
- Installed PyQt4 from Here
- Installed Python 2.6.5 from the python website
- I am running windows 7 64 bit
- I tried running script from a tutorial Here
- Receive an error message (from IDLE) for ALL programs which have this line (from PyQt4 import QtGui) or any other like it (ie including QtGui)
- Error message is:
Traceback (most recent call last): File "E:\Documents\Work\PyQt stuff\Resize windows.py", line 6, in <module> from PyQt4 import QtGui ImportError: DLL load failed: %1 is not a valid Win32 application.
Only thoughts I've really had about this are:
- Its possible because I am running windows, especially considering "!/usr/bin/python" is pointing to where python is on a linux machine, howevers commented so I don't really know how this works
- The binary I used has an issue, most installations on windows that I have seen go through a series of relatively complicated steps to get to the same point I am at now, something in the binary might to quite fit the bill in terms of doing everything necessary for pyqt to run properly
- Seeing as this is the first time I have used PyQt the programs I have tried to run may be looking for something created in the developer, of which I have none.
- The actual program is saved on my E:/ whereas python and pyqt is installed on my C:/, although this doesn't seem particularly likely, as I'm sure it would work to load a script from a USB or other such device
Anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated as I am at a loss as to what to do, if anyone need any more information about my machine or what I have done in terms of installing pyqt I am happy to provide it.