I need a way of adding data to a database using my delphi form i can handle the sql to add data to a database on ms access but i just do not know how to do it through a delphi form.

In other word i just need to know where i can put in a procedure that will allow the addition of data to a database using sql commands.

It is not a server, i just want to be able to add it to a drive on a local drive
thanks

Contributors
Replies
Views
7 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by fayyaz

I need a way of adding data to a database using my delphi form i can handle the sql to add data to a database on ms access but i just do not know how to do it through a delphi form.

In other word i just need to know where i can put in a procedure that will allow the addition of data to a database using sql commands.

It is not a server, i just want to be able to add it to a drive on a local drive
thanks

Hello My Frind
you can use ADOConnection for Connecting to Access Database and also use ADOQuery And ADOCommand for Writing and Executing SQL Statements.

After connecting the ADOcommand and trying to enter command text it tells me

[microsoft][OBDC driver manager] data source name too long

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.