I need a way of adding data to a database using my delphi form i can handle the sql to add data to a database on ms access but i just do not know how to do it through a delphi form.

In other word i just need to know where i can put in a procedure that will allow the addition of data to a database using sql commands.

It is not a server, i just want to be able to add it to a drive on a local drive
thanks

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I need a way of adding data to a database using my delphi form i can handle the sql to add data to a database on ms access but i just do not know how to do it through a delphi form.

In other word i just need to know where i can put in a procedure that will allow the addition of data to a database using sql commands.

It is not a server, i just want to be able to add it to a drive on a local drive
thanks

Hello My Frind
you can use ADOConnection for Connecting to Access Database and also use ADOQuery And ADOCommand for Writing and Executing SQL Statements.

After connecting the ADOcommand and trying to enter command text it tells me

[microsoft][OBDC driver manager] data source name too long

Dear Frind
Here is an example project with simple database
I trye to use tow method for inserting data into database
I hope that it is useful for you

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.