hi all iam new in this forum and i need some help in my assignment .. it's a c# game using graphics .. this game when start it should show a sheep then a chicken randomly then all graphics will move to the left .. there will be a dora girl which moving up and down ,, if she catch a sheep the score will increase by 10 else the score will decreas by 10 and the all over time is 90 sec .. any idea how i should start ??

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Hi student88, welcome on DANIWEB:)
Your assignment seems something that can better be done with XNA.
I am assuming you have VS 2008 C#.
You could start with a new WindowsformsApplication. In design mode drop a Panel control on the form and doubleclick it.
You will be dropped into the paint event handler code of the Panel.
Fill in this code:

private void panel1_Paint(object sender, PaintEventArgs e)
        {
            Graphics G = e.Graphics;
            Pen bluepen = new Pen(Color.Blue);
            G.DrawEllipse(bluepen, 20, 20, 100, 50);
            SolidBrush redbrush = new SolidBrush(Color.Red);
            G.FillEllipse(redbrush, 50, 30, 30, 30);
        }

Instead of drawing ellipses as I did, draw some bitmaps or images and let them move.
Succes!

thx :) ..

one more question please if i want a picture to appear when the game starts how should i connect the timer with the fist picture ?

First: if you find your question is solved, mark the thread as solved.
If you have another question, start a new thread.
It is very hard for other users(me included) to read a thread with different subjects.
Now as I am in a good mood today, you could have a look at this snippet http://www.daniweb.com/code/snippet227743.html.
It essentially draws something with the use of a timer.

ohh really sorry .. i didn't mean it .. but as u know iam new here .. sorry again :(

As a new member you should check out Member Rules. If you keep your threads neat and follow the rules, it easier for posters to help you and easier for others to find information they need.
As ddanbe pointed out, new questions should be in new threads. Also, you should try to use more descriptive titles. "Hi" doesn't tell forum users what the post is about.
This isn't intended as a telling off :) As i said, keeping threads organised helps us to help you.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.