Hello Friends,
I want to writ a program which scan network for Operating system at boot time.plz if any known how to start writing that program in c.reference plz
Thank u all

What do you mean with network scan for OS?
Ping-ing?
SMB shares?
port scanning?
OS on network?

What do you mean with network scan for OS?
Ping-ing?
SMB shares?
port scanning?
OS on network?

Hello
I want as we boot diskless client my program on usb/DOM will scan network for OS & give it back as an option that this particular OS is available on network & client can direct to that session.

This depends if you are using firewall on each of the computers on the network. Anyway try to look for a kind of Audit software source code. This should help you to solve the matter quicker. It is not so easy to make such applications and google-ing is mandatory to event start with C or C++.

Also many today computers don't have a Floppy drive, therefore you would have to use an USB drive for it. And that is another quite a large problem. Therefore I would suggest to get or build a LinuxPE or BartPE kind of image on the USB drive with attached applications that you need to scan the network.

CD and DVD is read-only, so I don't suggest this option to you.
---
Please check the sentences if you use any translators. It won't help you asking on english forums like Daniweb, when you have none or a little knowledge of English.

I had to learn English too, to be able to work with computer science.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.