jeeter19 -2 Light Poster

Hello all,

I am working on a little side project for my own amusement and learning that involves moving throughout a webpage and doing things (ie login, going to pages, clicking links, posting forms, etc) on it's own.
This project will be similar to programs such as FriendBlaster, which logs you into MySpace and then navigates through various pages to gather user IDs and send invites to them.

My question here is "How do you have your program automatically find the boxes it needs to click?". If we use MySpace as another example: Say I want to log in, how do I tell my program to get inside that particular textbox where you put in your username? and then password? Note that I the program should NOT need to click on the box physically, but instead ENTER the box because I would like to be able to enter this box when the window is minimized.

If anyone could help with tutorials I can check out for webpage navigation or could just point me in the right direction for accomplishing this it would be very appreciated.

Note: I am NOT making a spam bot/program/macro of any kind. This is simply a project that I am doing for my own pleasure because I am truly curious about how these kinds of programs work and I would like to learn more about it.

Thank you!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.