pmav99 0 Newbie Poster

Hi everyone.

I have a problem with a GUI application i have written with wxPython when i run it under windows. The strange thing is that the code runs exactly as expected in Linux...

What the code does: It calculates the area of bars of reinforcement and it checks if they fit in a sigle layer. If they don't, then it shows the area in red colour.

In linux, when i change the input (width of the beam), the calculations are made again and the correct colour is being shown. the input is given through a dialog widget and the input are checked with a validator (as wxPython in action describes).

On the other hand, on windows, the colour of the area remains the same as before, even when it has to change. On windows 7, if i pass the mouse over the textCtrl that shows the area of the reinforcements bars, then it changes the colour. On XP, in order to show the correct colour i have to explicitly click on the textCtrl.

Does anyone has any idea why ths is happening? Or how can i solve it? It's not critical, but its rather annoying.

thanx in advance

I can post the code but it is rather long and it is commented in greek so i don't know if it will be helpful.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.