Hi,

I have a MP3DataSet that includes .mp3 files, i have a form, which shows all the files in the dataset, on the form i also have the windows media players.

I am trying, when the user clicks on a song in the dataset to play on the WMP, any ideas?

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Thanks, how would i do that?

thanks again

How is the mp3 stored in your dataset? If you have a byte[] array of the binary data then just write it out disk:

Here is an example. In this case i'm pulling an image down and naming it as an mp3 file, but the concept is what you want:

private void button555_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
    {

const string connStr = "Data Source=apex2006sql;Initial Catalog=ServManLeather;Integrated Security=True;";
      const string query = "Select ImgNumber, FacilityImg From FacilityImg Where ImgNumber = 1000";
      using (SqlConnection conn = new SqlConnection(connStr))
      {
        conn.InfoMessage += new SqlInfoMessageEventHandler(conn_InfoMessage);
        conn.Open();
        using (SqlCommand cmd = new SqlCommand(query, conn))
        {
          using (SqlDataReader dr = cmd.ExecuteReader())
          {
            using (DataTable dt = new DataTable())
            {
              dt.Load(dr);
              //File.WriteAllBytes(@"C:\picture.bmp", (byte[])dt.Rows[0]["FacilityImg"]);
              using (MemoryStream ms = new MemoryStream((byte[])dt.Rows[0]["FacilityImg"]))
              {
                ms.Position = 0;
                ms.Seek(0, SeekOrigin.Begin);
                string fileName = System.IO.Path.GetTempFileName();
                File.WriteAllBytes(fileName, ms.ToArray());
                System.IO.File.Move(fileName, System.IO.Path.ChangeExtension(fileName, ".mp3"));
                fileName = System.IO.Path.ChangeExtension(fileName, ".mp3");
                //mediaPlayer.Play(fileName);
              }
            }
          }
        }
      }
    }

[edit]
I suppose you could call File.WriteAllBytes(fileName, ms.ToArray()); to save yourself some lines.
[/edit]

thanks for that im using DataSet and a table adapter.

Its not reconising File. do i have to use a namespace at the top to make this work?

I don't understand what you are asking. Upload your project so we can take a look at it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.