I have genuine VS 6 Keys as well as accompanying MSDN library. But VS set up CD is missing :(
Where can I download VS 6 setup? I have wondered in MS site and all I see is no VS6, juststories about it!

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

Just as well -- VS6 doesn't work well with Vista or Win7. Better off upgrading to VS8 or VS2010

But will my serial work with VS 2008/2010? Or is there cheap way to do so?

your serial what??

I mean those activation code for my VS6, will they work with VS08/VS10? or I will have to Buy entirely new IDE? Duh, that is expensive :cry:

I mean those activation code for my VS6, will they work with VS08/VS10? or I will have to Buy entirely new IDE? Duh, that is expensive :cry:

VS++ 2008 Express edition doesn't require activation codes because its free. If you want the Standard or better editions then you will get the codes when you upgrade the compiler. I'm not sure if you qualify for the Upgrade price or if you have to buy the New User version -- check Microsoft's web site and it should tell you.

VS++ 2008 Express edition doesn't require activation codes because its free. If you want the Standard or better editions then you will get the codes when you upgrade the compiler. I'm not sure if you qualify for the Upgrade price or if you have to buy the New User version -- check Microsoft's web site and it should tell you.

Can express edition work with DLL as well as wxWidgets?

Any helpful link to MS site. It is huge site

Yes it can. It will also compile CLR/C++ Forms. Just google for VC++ 2008 Express and you will get the download link

Yes it can. It will also compile CLR/C++ Forms. Just google for VC++ 2008 Express and you will get the download link

Ok So what do I need to integrate wxWidgets. The Link I was talking about is about upgrade info from VS6 upwards

Thanks for reply

After downloading wxWidgets you will need to compile it. The build/msw folder contains the necessary projects to build it.

So I Just build and give a go? I know how to build, at least in code::blocks. Is There a code completion for wxWidgets in VSE?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.