Hi,

I wonder how to use wx.FileDialog with turbogears .

I have this turbogears project, and i have a form which add new employees, and for each employee i need to let the person who is adding them to pick a photo from his filesystem.

And all wxPython guides already start with the hello world app, and a lot of code snippets.. but i cant find nothing to do with turbogears.

im very newbie to wxPython and as english its not my native language .. i missunderstand a lot of things.

first of all .. its possible to use turbogears + wxPython to do what i need to do?

if not... any tip ?!!??

thanks in advance !

Is that a web application? How do you run it or at least how users access it? via web browser? Locally? As far as I know, TG is web framework and wxPython is GUI toolkit for Desktop app.

Is that a web application? How do you run it or at least how users access it? via web browser? Locally? As far as I know, TG is web framework and wxPython is GUI toolkit for Desktop app.

hi, yes... i use tg + cherrypy .. web application...

is there any wxPython for web ?

Don't think you can use wxpython with Web. But this is not an absolute answer

what you suggest ? what should i use? im trying tkinter right now... but as the web apps runs from the server.. he was giving me $DISPLAY variable missing, i fix it..

and now its giving me "couldnt connect to display :0.0 ... right now i dont know how to proceed.. i wonder if the $DISPLAY variable must be set to use the computer connected to the server $display , which in the case is the web user's $display

trying to figure it out right now...

This article has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.