Hi, i'm hoping someone can help with a slightly odd problem i have. I have a piece of code that can create a folder on a sharepoint site from one machine, but not another.

If Not System.IO.Directory.Exists(strTargetLocation) Then
            System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory(strTargetLocation)
          End If

Originally it was because WebDAV was not running on the machine that didn't work, but now, even though it is started and can see the sharepoint folders, i get the following error

Access to the path '\\myrandomsite\subfolder\subfolder2' is denied. mscorlib at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectory(String fullPath, String path, DirectorySecurity dirSecurity)
at System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory(String path, DirectorySecurity directorySecurity)
at System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory(String path)
at ExportProcessor.Export.ProcessTask(Object lobj)

I can create the folder manually from the failing machine. i have even impersonated an administrator in the code, but still no luck. would be grateful for any tips/hints/ideas/straws to grasp.

Cheers

Problem seems to be solved. Not sure what happened, our MIS dept added the portal to the "Trusted Sites" list on the server while i was away and apparently it now all works. THanks anyway

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.