Hey i am trying to start using an interface in my java programming do recommend i if i start by try creating my own or i download one if i should download which would you recommend. Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

kkcaddy,

I would do some research in the Swing package of java for the GUI components and with that goes some research into the different type of layout managers to place them.

cbarton.a

NetBeans provides a fantastic GUI designer, I dont see any reason why you should plug your own layout managers to get the job done. Unless you are working on a sophisticated dynamic UI (where UI elements are added on the fly) in which case I assume you would know enough and not ask this question.

even though netbeans does provide a wysiwyg-GUI editor, I would strongly suggest you first learn about the Swing package, if only to know how to create a GUI on your own.
but I would surely create your own, instead of messing around in someone else's work without knowing the first thing about that.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.