Hi, all. I was wondering if you could help me. I was wondering why all controls seem to put extra space around them. If I look at the control in the design window, the area is all red. Is there a way to prevent this? I mean, all I want is to put the controls across, but it's ridiculously wide with the extra space.

I have a table consisting of three columns, with a textbox or a drop down in each column, but the extra space makes it so I have to scroll to get to the third column. (This is within a formview). I have a Required Field Validator in one column as well, and the same thing goes for it, there's dead space.

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Select all the items on your form (or select them in groups if you don't want the same settings for all of them). Go over and click on the properties tab under Solution Explorer (if you can't see it, go to View/Properties Window). Go to the margin setting. Change as you see fit (can change any and all sides)

What do you mean with: "the aera is all red"?
Extra space is sometimes needed: 123 is not the same as 1 2 3, it just depends.
Upload a picture showing the behaviour or some code.
I'm affraid we cannot do very much with what you told us...

Hi, all. I was wondering if you could help me. I was wondering why all controls seem to put extra space around them. If I look at the control in the design window, the area is all red. Is there a way to prevent this? I mean, all I want is to put the controls across, but it's ridiculously wide with the extra space.

I have a table consisting of three columns, with a textbox or a drop down in each column, but the extra space makes it so I have to scroll to get to the third column. (This is within a formview). I have a Required Field Validator in one column as well, and the same thing goes for it, there's dead space.

Thanks

After trying to figure this out for quite some time. I found out how to do it right after posting this. I just drag the red box, and it sets the margin.

THanks,

Are you using Mono? I couldn't figure out what you meant by the red box either. I has assumed you were using VC#...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.