Start New Discussion within our Software Development Community

Hi,

I have a datagridview which displays customer orders. I have implemented a search panel with various options to narrow down the subset of orders by applying a string of filters to the bindingsource.

I have also added an unbound checkbox column to allow the user to select/deselect orders along with a Select/Deselect All button.

My problem is this; if i select some orders then chagne the filtering the checkboxes are all cleared. I Obviously i dont want to have orders selected that were removed by the filter, but is there any way to maintain the checked state of the orders that remain in the subset?

I realise i could store the checked orders in a list then loop through the rows re-checking those still visible, but i'm concerned about the computational cost and speed factors in doing this with a large dataset. Anyone know a better way to go about it?

You would have to either bind those "Selection" checkboxes to a field in the datasource or do as you mentioned and re-check the values. If you're binding to a DataTable you should be able to add another column for the "Checked" state. Just exclude that column in your DataAdapter or whatever you use to update the database.

This article has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.