Hey guys,
I have a already written package in python2.5.1 for windows,it includes wxpython biopython1.44 modules and now i want to transfer it to unix server,is there any way i can do that or i have to write that functions again...\
Thanks in advance

Prankyrules

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Are you asking if your program will work in Unix, or are you literally asking how to transfer a file from one computer to another?

Are you asking if your program will work in Unix, or are you literally asking how to transfer a file from one computer to another?

basically i have the package that uses GUI components that is written in python so will my package will work in unix server or not.
Right now we are using the program to create some sort of designs and company want it to be moved to server from windows.

Thannks

It depends on how you wrote your scripts; however theoretically, yes it will work. The only thing that would stop it from working is if you used system-specific commands and used a lot of hard-coding.

wxPython is a very cross-platform capable toolkit. I can't speak for biopython.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.