Hi,

I want to set typed dataset in my appl. joining 2 database tables. I can define dataset as xyz.xsd no problem, I define the relations. So this is a fixed set that I can use. But what if I have to add additional conditions to filter the data within the program ? like adding " WHERE XITEM IN( 'ITEM1','ITEM2')" depending on the user's selection. How can I add this additional condition to the typed dataset within the program so that only filtered set of data is populated instead of the full list as defined originally by typed dataset ?

Appreciate any help, and I can further try to explain if I couldn't my self very clear.

snky

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Hi,

I'm not particularly fund of using typed dataset but it was advised by some people for being fast and practical/user friendly. Thru my searches I have also come to your point about the joint selects. Then would it be advisable to use database views instead.

thanks,
snky

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.