i want to become a programmer. can you help me?

Recommended Answers

All 32 Replies

You can help yourself by doing research...

i want to become a programmer. can you help me?

Have u heard of some languages called as :
C
C++
Python

If not, Google them,
If yes, in which language u want to program ?

can you give me some codes,basic codes that i will research?...

i would recommend you to visit cplusplus.com start with c++ cause its the most basic language to me

c++ cause its the most basic language to me

C++ is more basic than C to you ? That's surprising !!

C++ is more basic than C to you ? That's surprising !!

lol c is very very use confusing and not too easy to use like c++

lol c is very very use confusing and not too easy to use like c++

LOL, That's more surprising !!

>alcay : I want to be programmer
Well C is a good place to start learning. Even C++ is fine. But C++ is considered an extension of the C language and for many reasons it indeed is. So normally tutors, schools, colleges etc do start with C and then move onto C++.
The reason I would prefer C is C++ being an OO language you would be expected to fathom the OO fundamentals along with the basics of programming, now sometimes this may work, learning the OO concepts parallel to programming so that you are brought up into OO paradigm but for someone it might also be a large chunk to chew what with language syntax, constructs, various in-built data types, environment of the language, editors and some programming conventions like naming, indentations etc. there's already so many things to learn while you are starting.
So you start with C and once the seeds of programming & logic-development have been well planted in your mind you could move onto the concepts of OO among others.

Also you would have to start on you own, yes there will be a lot of help in the way but you need to take the first step. There are "Get Me Started" sticky threads on top of every forum so whatever you decide to start with you have the way paved already.

commented: Finally someone with a descent post in this thread. +12

so what do i do to start?

By reading a tutorial. Did you bother to look at the posts at the top of the forum as suggested? Or are you expecting us to teach you post by post?

step 1: Type http://www.google.co.in/ on your web browser.
step 2: Type i want to become a programmer there and press enter. (Enter key is supposed to be on your keyboard)
step 3: Click on the first 10 links you see there and read them.

I HOPE NOW YOU KNOW WHERE TO START ???

step 1: Type http://www.google.co.in/ on your web browser.
step 2: Type i want to become a programmer there and press enter. (Enter key is supposed to be on your keyboard)
step 3: Click on the first 10 links you see there and read them.

I HOPE NOW YOU KNOW WHERE TO START ???

Instead of the trouble of writing all that, takea look at this

Instead of the trouble of writing all that, take a look at this

I have seen that script before, but the OP doesn't know how to manually type and search in Google, he needs to be taught that !! Using the script would be again a spoon feeding to him :)

If he knew all that he would have followed my first post !!!

go to school and get an education.

If he knew all that he would have followed my first post !!!

maybe he can't read? In which case he should be starting with Perl or Ruby which are after all write-only languages so you never need to read code at least.

maybe he can't read? In which case he should be starting with Perl or Ruby which are after all write-only languages so you never need to read code at least.

LOL really :)

***Jokes apart***

Let me point out, such kinds of threads do degrade the quality of the forum !!
I don't know what moderators do to such kind of threads here ?
But if u look at forums like linuxquestions.org or cplusplus.com, You won't get such threads there, that improves the reputation of the forums !!

Java SE is the easiest language; it doesnt bog the programmer down with a heck of a lot of details because its classes handle everything that has got to do with it.

the down side is, the power of Java is limited, but i doubt a new programmer that hasnt even written a "hello world" program is interested to know what the limitations are.

the OP doesn't know how to manually type and search in Google, he needs to be taught that !! Using the script would be again a spoon feeding to him

The OP doesn't know anything as it seems from his posts and don't consider teaching such beings as your primary job else you would be more than busy. Also the 4 lines you wrote including explaining him where the enter key lies on the keyboard is much more than spoon feeding.

And finally my job isn't explaining someone like the OP how to search on google if he is so lame that he can't even do that I'll let him alone, the "let me google that for you" link is to make someone ashamed by showing him how easy it actually is to google for something. I hope you get it. :)

Java SE is the easiest language; it doesnt bog the programmer down with a heck of a lot of details because its classes handle everything that has got to do with it.

the down side is, the power of Java is limited, but i doubt a new programmer that hasnt even written a "hello world" program is interested to know what the limitations are.

I agree with you but only partially. Java is an easy language to learn as it abstracts away the low-level details like security, memory management etc and the way the runtime environment makes the underlying software/hardware transparent to the programmer also rids him/her of platform specific worries. But having said this there are other languages more easier to learn, one of them being Python.

As for the limitations the only one that comes to my mind is Java isn't good for low-level stuff, like communicating with hardware/devices so you won't find device drivers being written in Java, but here too there is a point to be considered that Java was never written to be that way. Otherwise Java has been able to conquer a lot of peaks, it is everywhere on the client-side with desktop UIs and applets, on the server through daemon services, on the web web with servlets, JSPs, web services, beans etc and it could also be there in your microwave without you knowing it. Performance wise too Java has climbed several notches and it's present day compiler and vms have evolved considerably to be able to speed up the execution of the programs through various optimizations so that programs written in java are approaching speeds
that were once only possible through native compiled programs.

I agree with you but only partially. Java is an easy language to learn as it abstracts away the low-level details like security, memory management etc Also the way the runtime environment makes the underlying software/hardware transparent to the programmer also rids him/her of platform specific worries. But having said this there are other languages more easier to learn, one of them being Python.

As for the limitations the only one that comes to my mind is Java isn't good for low-level stuff, like communicating with hardware/devices so you won't find device drivers being written in Java, but here too there is a point to be considered that Java was never written to be that way. Otherwise Java has been able to conquer a lot of peaks, it is everywhere desktop,web,server-side and may be also in your microwave. Also the present day java compiler and the virtual machine have evolved to an extent where they are able to speed up the execution of the programs through optimizations to near native level.

u r very right, and yeah, Java was never made to be that powerful, system-wise. i LOVE the fact that developing on it is brain dead compared to C++ where programmers have to worry about everything.

personally, i've never written in Python before. lol..

Yes, but I assume you are talking about the Hello World v2.0 programs those about factorials and prime numbers, because if you are into serious programming, may it be any language then, then it demands that you know a lot about the lanaguage, it's architecture, the internal details, the environment of the program such as the setting it would be running in and so on. I agree Java makes the programmer's life easy by relaxing him of worrying about memory management. It would free your objects for you through the use of garbage collector, but it does require you to know how a garbage collector actually works. What objects a GC would or would not collect, what the GC' good for and for what it isn't. The GC would indeed take care of freeing your objects to which no references are being made, but it still relies on the programmer to null out unrequired references. The GC would also collect all obejcts fallen out of scope but it needs that the objects do fall out of scope sometime after they aren't required, the sooner the better. In a program that creates a lot of objects, objects that do not fall out of scope pretty soon will even lead to memory shortfall causing an OutOfMemory Error. Thats why a programmer needs to know that objects should be declared within minimal scope so that they fall out of scope pretty quickly to be eventually collected by the GC. A programmer needs to know that keeping references to unrequired objects - known as "unintentional retention" the only way memory leaks occur in Java - will render the GC useless, no matter how much thought has gone to writing the GC algorithm, and will hamper the execution. Yet another subject where the programmer needs to know what goes on behind the scenes is concurrency & synchronization. Writing multi-threaded programs in Java requires a lot of knowledge about how threads may be interleaved what parts to apply synchronization on, how locks work etc. Eeven though a beginner may write programs with multiple threads just because Java makes it so very easy, writing perfectly safe concurrent programs is a challenge even for the most experienced of the developers.

PS : I hav gone too off-topic already for anything more to be said ;)

commented: Wall of text +0

LOL really :)

***Jokes apart***

Let me point out, such kinds of threads do degrade the quality of the forum !!
I don't know what moderators do to such kind of threads here ?

Usually we read it and either laugh or groan. I chose laugh on this one. Other than that, there's not much we can do. DaniWeb has a policy of not deleting posts except in rare cases, so if stupidity reins, stupidity stays for all to read. Let's hope a prospective employer doesn't see 'your' [the generic stupid poster's] post in that case :icon_wink:

You and everyone else it seems. I am contemplating moving the "good stuff" somewhere better, but haven't decided yet.

And since we're being somewhat silly here, have ends with an 'E' :icon_smile:

Let's hope a prospective employer doesn't see 'your' [the generic stupid poster's] post in that case

Well, may I know the reasons you called me **that** ??

Let's hope a prospective employer doesn't see 'your' [the generic stupid poster's] post in that case

Well, may I know the reasons you called me **that** ??

:icon_rolleyes: Paranoid are we? I guess you need to see the definition of generic:
Generic is something that is general, common, or inclusive rather than specific, unique, or selective.

If you still think it's you, check the definition of each word.

Paranoid are we? I guess you need to see the definition of generic:
Generic is something that is general, common, or inclusive rather than specific, unique, or selective.

If you still think it's you, check the definition of each word.

I have been called a stupid poster here , and I wanted to know why ? That's all !!

Yes, but I assume you are talking about the Hello World v2.0 programs those about factorials and prime numbers, because if you are into serious programming, may it be any language then, then it demands that you know a lot about the lanaguage, it's architecture, the internal details, the environment of the program such as the setting it would be running in and so on. I agree Java makes the programmer's life easy by relaxing him of worrying about memory management. It would free your objects for you through the use of garbage collector, but it does require you to know how a garbage collector actually works. What objects a GC would or would not collect, what the GC' good for and for what it isn't. The GC would indeed take care of freeing your objects to which no references are being made, but it still relies on the programmer to null out unrequired references. The GC would also collect all obejcts fallen out of scope but it needs that the objects do fall out of scope sometime after they aren't required, the sooner the better. In a program that creates a lot of objects, objects that do not fall out of scope pretty soon will even lead to memory shortfall causing an OutOfMemory Error. Thats why a programmer needs to know that objects should be declared within minimal scope so that they fall out of scope pretty quickly to be eventually collected by the GC. A programmer needs to know that keeping references to unrequired objects - known as "unintentional retention" the only way memory leaks occur in Java - will render the GC useless, no matter how much thought has gone to writing the GC algorithm, and will hamper the execution. Yet another subject where the programmer needs to know what goes on behind the scenes is concurrency & synchronization. Writing multi-threaded programs in Java requires a lot of knowledge about how threads may be interleaved what parts to apply synchronization on, how locks work etc. Eeven though a beginner may write programs with multiple threads just because Java makes it so very easy, writing perfectly safe concurrent programs is a challenge even for the most experienced of the developers.

yep, u r off topic.

bottom line: Java is easy, beginners should start there. who cares if people should know about concurrency, synchronisation and other stuff? people can read up when they need it, and forget about it after they are done. and when they need it again, simply use/modify the classes they wrote the previous time.

that is the beauty of OO and Java. write and forget.

Java isn't easy, Java is deceptively easy.
Java is like guitar playing, it's easy to do poorly but hard to master.

I have been called a stupid poster here , and I wanted to know why ? That's all !!

Just try and understand what he's saying if you can.

who cares if people should know about concurrency, synchronisation and other stuff?

Organisations hiring Java professionsals do. Smart people who yearn to write correct programs do.

people can read up when they need it, and forget about it after they are done. and when they need it again, simply use/modify the classes they wrote the previous time. that is the beauty of OO and Java. write and forget.

That isn't so easy at all. It seems to be easy, but it ain't that much.

PS: Somebody please mark this thread as solved before we start discussing Perl, Python & LISP here. ;)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.