Post the 2nd try. And here my official statement: I do really hate hate hate hate board where you have 1. to register, 2. to log on, and 3. which have a session timeout. I puts lots and lots of work in a post only to get "ha ha, you were to slow, have been logged out and by the way I have just trashed your post" f**** by talking to myself I get more answers.

Now I feel a bit better.

Here is the short form of 1st try of my post.
I want a gui. I dont have much expiriens in python, but have done simple programs (hello world does not count as programm)
I want a gui with transparancy and free shaped buttons (like e.g. oval). the windows should be free formed as well. and no border, no title bar, but drag able

which gui extension should I use

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

There are very good reason why board like this should have registration and log in.
Board want serious user and not alot off spam.
Enough off that and back to your question.

Wxpython is great for more advance GUI look.
Look at this post.
http://www.daniweb.com/forums/thread252780.html
Wxpython has a demo where you can look at it live.

PyQt is also an good and advance gui toolkit.
VLC media player use QT as GUI.

Damm I knewed that I forget something.
well something very importent for me is also to be able to make an windows binary out of my scripts

Damm I knewed that I forget something.
well something very importent for me is also to be able to make an windows binary out of my scripts

There is a program called GUI2exe to make windows binary from wxpython code.

About the board: you can write your posts in your favorite editor during hours if you want, and then copy and paste the result to the board !

ok, ok. right. It was unfair to blam this board.
And most of the times I set "remember me" (but this option wasnt avalible because it was the 1st [auto]login [direct after registration]) and most of times I copy posts into the ... .... (in german its called "zwischenablage") but every damm time when I put more work into a post, it goes lost in one or other way.

by the way: thanks for the tip "GUI2exe"

If you plan for simple GUI go for TKinter (I don't love it myself).
I will recommend for wxPython, a great GUI with excellent support (even here) and active mailing list. Vast Docs for wxWidgets is added advantage. PyQT is competitor, but Licencing issue turns many off! If you like QT then wait for PySide to mature unless you want to go GPLed

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.