Hello World! (I couldn't resist that one...sorry :mrgreen: )

I am new to the boards and to programing in C/C++ over all. I hae tried for about 5 years to learn this code, but I was never really serious about it until the past week. Since this last week, I have learned at beast a pre-school level of code and I am starting to get a little overwhelmed with what I need to learn/what order I need to learn things in/what code is the right one to use:

system("CLS");

or

clrscr();

, etc.

I have made one program that was totaly free form and I am rather proud of myself for figuring out the use of both a while loop and a switch, but I am stumped by the use of arrays (why do you use them and how are they supposed to be defined?). I also was reading through the rest of the posts on this site and have seen stuff on classes and creating header files and OOP (which I thought I understood before)...I am lost.

Can someone point me in a good direction or maybe break down some of what I am looking at so that I can get a grasp of it a little better?

By the way, here is the source code of the one program I have written...like I say, it is preschool level at best.

// Love Notes To My Wife Version 1.0
// by: Rodan
// Started: 6/13/05
// Completed: 6/17/05

// This is my first real attempt at programing in C++ on my own...my first solo
// flight.  I know that this is pre-school level code right now, but hey, we
// all have to start here at some point right...lol.

// Define the program
// The idea for this program is that each day Jenn will launch this program
// and enter the day of the month (1-31).  Depending on what day of the month
// it is, a different love note or romantic song will display.  I really hope
// she like this.

// Looking forward
// In later versions, the program will pull the date itself and run in Windows.
// It will open up different files that have graphics and sound added to it,
// and it will also allow her to print off different cupons (i.e. - "Use this
// cupon for a romantic candel lit dinner." or "This cupon good for one full
// body massage every night this week.")

#include <stdio.h>
#include <iostream>
#include <stdlib.h>
using namespace std;

main()
{
      // declare variables
      int daynumber;
      int pause;
      int loveCount = 0;
      int loveScore;

// opening message to Jenn
      printf("\nMy love,\n\n");
      printf("I wanted to find a way to show you that you are the most important part of my\nlife.  I wanted to let you know that I think of you everyday and that I love\nyou more than you can possibly imagine.\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n");
      system("PAUSE");

// reset screen and ask for the day of the month
      system("CLS");

// Ask for the day of the month
      printf("\nWhat day of the month is it? ");
      scanf("%d",&daynumber);
      system("CLS");
      printf("\n");

// If the day of the month is not a valid day
      while (daynumber>31)
      {
        printf("\n\nI am sorry my love, that is not a valid day of the month.\n");
        printf("Please enter the day of the month.  Something between 1 and 31. ");
        scanf("%d",&daynumber);
        system("CLS");
        printf("\n");        
      }
      // Data for daily notes depending on what day of the month it is
            switch (daynumber)
          {
          case 1:
               printf("Hello my love,\n\n");
               printf("My heart is filled with love because today is the start of a joyous new month\nwith you.\n\n");
               printf("I love every little thing about you, the sound of your voice, the sparkle in\nyour eyes and your incredibly beautiful smile.  I love your tender touch and\nthe warmth and sense of well being I feel every time I am by your side.  With\nyour love, I simply have it all.\n\n");
               printf("With all my heart I send you my love,\nJarid\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n");
               break;

case 2:
               printf("My love,\n\n");
               printf("On the second of every month I think all day long about the day you became my\nwife.  I remember seeing you walk down the aisle and thinking to myself, \"God\nhas truly blessed me.  He sent an angel from Heaven to be my wife, my partner,\nmy equal for the rest of my life.\"\n\n");
               printf("My mind told me there were other people in the room with us, but all I could\nsee was you.  We exchanged vows with our eyes locked on each other and our\nsouls soaring through the skies.\n\n");
               printf("That day was one of the two happiest days of my life.  Thank you for being the\nwoman you are because you are the woman I always dreamed of.\n\n");
               printf("With all of the love in my heart and soul,\n");
               printf("The luckiest man alive,\n");
               printf("Your husband,\n");
               printf("Jarid\n\n\n");
               break;

case 3:
               printf("\n\n\n\n\tApples are sweet,\n\t\tCherries are tart.\n\tWhen we're not together\n\t\tYou're still in my heart.\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n");
               break;

case 4:
               printf("\"Head Over Feet\"\n\n");
               printf("I had no choice but to hear you\nYou stated your case time and again\nI thought about it\n\nYou treat me like I'm a king\nI'm not used to liking that\nYou ask how my day was\n\nYou've already won me over in spite of me\nDon't be alarmed if I fall head over feet\nDon't be surprised if I love you for all that you are\nI couldn't help it\nIt's all your fault\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n");
               system("PAUSE");
               system("CLS");
               printf("\nYour love is think and it swallowed me whole\nYou're so much braver than I gave you credit for\nThat's not lip service\n\nYou've already won me over in spite of me\nDon't be alarmed if I fall head over feet\nDon't be surprised if I love you for all that you are\nI couldn't help it\nIt's all your fault\n\nYou are the bearer of unconditional things\nYou held your breath and opened my door for me\nThanks for your patience\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n");
               system("PAUSE");
               system("CLS");
               printf("\nYou're the best listener that I've ever met\nYou're my best friend\nBest friend with benefits\nWhat took me so long\n\nI've never felt this healthy before\nI've never wanted something rational\nI am aware now\nI am aware now\n\nYou've already won me over in spite of me\nDon't be alarmed if I fall head over feet\nDon't be surprised if I love you for all that you are\nI couldn't help it\nIt's all your fault\n\n\n\n\n\n");
               break;

case 5:
               printf("\n\n\n\n\tIf I had a flower for everytime I thought of you...\n\n\t\t\t\t...I'd walk in my garden forever.\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n");
               break;

case 6:
               printf("\"If I Ever Fall In Love Again\"\n\n");
               printf("The very first time\nThat I saw your brown eyes\nYour lips said hello and I said Hi\nI knew right then you were the one\nBut I was caught up\nIn physical attraction\nBut to my satisfaction\nBaby you were more then just a face\n\n");
               printf("And if I ever (ever fall) in love again (again)\nI will be sure that the lady is a friend\nAnd if I ever (ever fall) in love so true (true)\nI will be sure that the lady's just like you\n\n");
               printf("Oh, yeah, the very next time she'll be my friend\n\n\n\n\n\n");
               system("PAUSE");
               system("CLS");
               printf("\nIf I say that I will be your one and only\n(Promise, promise) Promise that you'll never leave me lonely\nI just wanna be the one you need\nOh, baby\nI just wanna be the one who serves you\nSometime I feel as if I don't deserve you\nI cherish every moment that we share\n\n");
               printf("And if I ever (ever fall) in love again (again)\nI will be sure that the lady is a friend\nAnd if I ever (ever fall) in love so true (so true)\nI will be sure that the lady's just like you\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n");
               system("PAUSE");
               system("CLS");             
               printf("\nAnd if I ever (ever fall) in love again (again)\nI will be sure that the lady is a friend\nAnd if I ever (ever fall) in love so true (so true)\nI will be sure that the lady's just like you\n");
               printf("(my friend)\n(Very next time she will be my friend, someone who I can believe in)\nI need someone who'll be my friend\n(my friend)\n(Very next time she will be my friend, someone who I can believe in)\nTo be with me through thick and thin\n(my friend)\n(Very next time she will be my friend, someone who I can believe in)\nPlease share my love with me my friend\n(my friend)\n(Very next time she will be my friend, someone who I can believe in)\nI need someone like you\n\n");
               printf("And if I ever (ever fall) in love again (again)\nI will be sure that the lady is a friend\nAnd if I ever (ever fall) in love so true (true)\nI will be sure that the lady's just like you");
               break;

case 7:
               printf("\n\n\n\t\t   I did three things today:\n\n\n");
               printf("\t\t\t1. I missed you.\n\t\t\t2. I missed you.\n\t\t\t3. I missed you.\n\n\n");
               printf("\t\tI can't wait to see you tonight!\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n");
               break;

case 8:
               printf("\"Shameless\"\n\n");
               printf("Well I'm shameless\nWhen it comes to loving you,\nI'll do anything you want me to,\nI'll do anything at all.\n\n");
               printf("And I'm standing\nHere for all the world to see,\nOh, baby that's what's left of me,\nI don't have very far to fall.\n\n");
               printf("You know now I'm not a man who's ever been\nInsecure about the world I've been living in.\nI don't break easy, I have my pride,\nBut if you need to be satisfied\n\n");
               printf("I'm shameless.\nHoney, I don't have a prayer.\nEvery time I see you standing there\nI go down upon my knees.\n\n");
               system("PAUSE");
               system("CLS");               
               printf("\nAnd I'm changing,\nSwore I'd never compromise,\nOh, but you convinced me otherwise.\nI'll do anything you need.\n\n");
               printf("You see in all my life I've never found\nWhat I couldn't resist, what I couldn't turn down.\nI could walk away from anyone I ever knew,\nBut I can't walk away from you.\n\n");
               printf("I have never had anything have this much control on me.\nI've worked too hard to call my life my own.\nAnd I've made myself a world, and it's worked so perfectly,\nBut it sure won't now, I can't refuse,\nI've never had so much to lose.\n\n");
               printf("And I'm shameless...\n\n\n\n\n\n");
               system("PAUSE");
               system("CLS");
               printf("\nYou know it should be easy for a man who's strong\nTo say he's sorry or admit when he's wrong.\nI've never lost anything I ever missed,\nBut I've never been in love like this.\nIt's out of my hands.\n\n");
               printf("I'm shameless.\nI don't have the power now,\nAnd I don't want it anyhow,\nSo I gotta let it go.\n\n");
               printf("And I'm shameless.\nShameless as a man can be.\nYou could make a total fool of me.\nI just wanted you to know\nThat I'm shameless.\n\n\n\n\n");
               break;

case 9:
               printf("\"I Don't Want To Miss A Thing\"\n\n");
               printf("I could stay awake just to hear you breathing\nWatch you smile while you are sleeping\nWhile your far away and dreaming\nI could spend my life in this sweet surrender\nI could stay lost in this moment forever\nWell, every moment spent with you\nIs a moment I treasure\n\n");
               printf("I don't wanna close my eyes\nI don't wanna fall asleep\n'Cause I'd miss you, babe\nAnd I don't wanna miss a thing\n'Cause even when I dream of you\nThe sweetest dream will never do\nI'd still miss you, babe\nAnd I don't wanna miss a thing\n\n\n\n\n");
               system("PAUSE");
               system("CLS");               
               printf("\nLying close to you\nFeeling your heart beating\nI'm wondering what you're dreaming\nWondering if it's me you're seeing\nThen I kiss your eyes and thank God we're together\nAnd I just wanna stay with you\nIn this moment forever, forever and ever\n\n");
               printf("I don't wanna close my eyes\nI don't wanna fall asleep\n'Cause I'd miss you, babe\nAnd I don't wanna miss a thing\n'Cause even when I dream of you\nThe sweetest dream will never do\nI'd still miss you, babe\nAnd I don't wanna miss a thing\n\n\n\n\n\n\n");
               system("PAUSE");
               system("CLS");               
               printf("\nI don't wanna miss one smile\nI don't wanna miss one kiss\nI just wanna be with you\nRight here with you, just like this\nI just wanna hold you close\nFeel your heart so close to mine\nAnd stay here in this moment\nFor all the rest of time\n\n");
               printf("Don't wanna close my eyes\nDon't wanna fall asleep\n'Cause I'd miss you, babe\nAnd I don't wanna miss a thing\n'Cause even when I dream of you\nThe sweetest dream will never do\n'Cause I'd still miss you, babe\nAnd I don't wanna miss a thing\n\n\n\n\n\n");
               system("PAUSE");
               system("CLS");               
               printf("\nI don't wanna close my eyes\nI don't wanna fall asleep\n'Cause I'd miss you, babe\nAnd I don't wanna miss a thing\n'Cause even when I dream of you\nThe sweetest dream will never do\nI'd still miss you, babe\nAnd I don't wanna miss a thing\n\n");
               printf("Don't wanna close my eyes\nDon't wanna fall asleep, yeah\nI don't wanna miss a thing\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n");
               break;

case 10:
               printf("\n\n\n\n\t\tI miss you and can't wait to see you again tonight!\n\n");
               printf("\t\t\tWith all my love,\n\t\t\tJarid\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n");
               break;

case 11:
               printf("\n\n\n\n\tIt is a rare thing to find a husband who still has a crush on his wife.\n\n\t\t\tAnd I am a rare comodity indeed!\n\n\n\n");
               printf("\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n");
               break;

case 12:
               printf("\"I'll Be\"\n\n");
               printf("The strands in your eyes\nThat color them wonderful\nStop me and steal my breath\nAmber from mountains\nThrust towards the sky\nNever revealing their depth\n\n");
               printf("Tell me that we belong together\nDress it up with the trappings of love\nI'll be captivated,\nI'll hang from your lips\nInstead of the gallows \nOf heartache that hang from above\n\n");
               printf("I'll be your cryin' shoulder\nI'll be love suicide\nI'll be better when I'm older\nI'll be the greatest fan of your life\n\n\n");
               system("PAUSE");
               system("CLS");               
               printf("\nRain falls angry on the tin roof\nAs we lie awake in my bed\nYou're my survival\nYou're my living proof\nMy love is alive and not dead\n\n");
               printf("Tell me that we belong together\nDress it up with the trappings of love\nI'll be captivated\nI'll hang from your lips\nInstead of the gallows\nOf heartache that hang from above\n\n");
               printf("I'll be your cryin' shoulder\nI'll be love suicide\nI'll be better when I'm older\nI'll be the greatest fan of your life\n\n\n\n\n\n");
               system("PAUSE");
               system("CLS");               
               printf("\nI've dropped out\nBurned up\nFought my way back from the dead\nTuned in\nTurned on\nRemembered the things you said\n\n");
               printf("I'll be your cryin' shoulder\nI'll be love suicide\nI'll be better when I'm older\nI'll be the greatest fan of your life\n\n");
               printf("I'll be your cryin' shoulder\nI'll be love suicide\nI'll be better when I'm older\nI'll be the greatest fan of you life\n\n\n\n\n");
               break;

case 13:
               printf("\"Come What May\"\n\n");
               printf("Never knew I could feel like this\nLike I've never seen the sky before\nWant to vanish inside your kiss\nEvery day I love you more and more\nListen to my heart, can you hear it sings\nTelling me to give you everything\nSeasons may change, winter to spring\nBut I love you until the end of time\n\n");
               printf("Come what may\nCome what may\nI will love you until my dying day\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n");
               system("PAUSE");
               system("CLS");
               printf("\nSuddenly the world seems such a perfect place\nSuddenly it moves with such a perfect grace\nSuddenly my life doesn't seem such a waste\nIt all revolves around you\nAnd there's no mountain too high\nNo river too wide\nSing out this song and I'll be there by your side\nStorm clouds may gather\nAnd storms may collide\nBut I love you until the end of time\n\n");
               printf("Come what may\nCome what may\nI will love you until my dying day\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n");
               system("PAUSE");
               system("CLS");
               printf("\nOh, come what may, come what may\nI will love you, I will love you\nSuddenly the world seems such a perfect place\n\n");
               printf("Come what may\nCome what may\nI will love you until my dying day\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n");
               break;

case 14:
               printf("My incredible wife,\n\n");
               printf("Today is special to me each and every month.  This is the second of the two\nhappiest days of my life...this is the day you gave me a daughter.  I thank\nGod every day for both you and her, and I want you to know that I could not\nbe happier that you are the mother of my child.\n\n");
               printf("With all my love,\nJarid\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n");
               break;

case 15:
               printf("\"Unanswered Prayers\"\n\n");
               printf("Just the other night a hometown football game\nMy wife and I ran into my old high school flame\nAnd as I introduced them the past came back to me\nAnd I couldn't help but think of the way things used to be\n\n");
               printf("She was the one that I'd wanted for all times\nAnd each night I'd spend prayin' that God would make her mine\nAnd if he'd only grant me this wish I wished back then\nI'd never ask for anything again\n\n");
               printf("Sometimes I thank God for unanswered prayers\nRemember when you're talkin' to the man upstairs\nThat just because he doesn't answer doesn't mean he don't care\nSome of God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers\n\n\n\n\n\n\n");
               system("PAUSE");
               system("CLS");               
               printf("\nShe wasn't quite the angel that I remembered in my dreams\nAnd I could tell that time had changed me\nIn her eyes too it seemed\nWe tried to talk about the old days\nThere wasn't much we could recall\nI guess the Lord knows what he's doin' after all\n\n");
               printf("And as she walked away and I looked at my wife\nAnd then and there I thanked the good Lord\nFor the gifts in my life\n\n");
               printf("Sometimes I thank God for unanswered prayers\nRemember when you're talkin' to the man upstairs\nThat just because he doesn't answer doesn't mean he don't care\nSome of God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers\n\n");
               printf("Some of God's greatest gifts are all too often unanswered...\nSome of God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers\n\n\n");
               break;

case 16:
               printf("\t@>--'--,---\t@>--'--,---\n");
               printf("\t@>--'--,---\t@>--'--,---\n\n\n");
               printf("Even the most beautiful roses don't begin to compaire with your beauty!\n\n");
               printf("With all my love,\nJarid\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n");
               break;

case 17:
               printf("The Bible says:\n\"For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son\nSo that whoever shall beleive in Him shall have eternal life.\"\n\n");
               printf("I guess that means God loves me even more than just that.  He also let me meet\nyou.\n\n");
               printf("I love you very much and feel blessed every day because you are in my life,\nJarid\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n");
               break;

case 18:
               printf("\"Born To Be My Baby\"\n\n");
               printf("Rainy night and we worked all day\nWe both got jobs cause there's bills to pay\nWe got something they can't take away\nOur love, our lives\n\n");
               printf("Close the door, leave the cold outside\nI don't need nothing when I'm by your side\nWe got something that'll never die\nOur dreams, our pride\n\n");
               printf("My heart beats like a drum (all night)\nFlesh to flesh, one to one (and it's alright)\nAnd I'll never let go cause\nThere's something I know deep inside\n\n\n\n\n\n\n");
               system("PAUSE");
               system("CLS");
               printf("\nYou were born to be my baby\nAnd baby, I was made to be your man\nWe got something to believe in\nEven if we don't know where we stand\nOnly God would know the reasons\nBut I bet he must have had a plan\nCause you were born to be my baby\nAnd baby, I was made to be your man\n\n");
               printf("Light a candle, blow the world away\nTable for two on a TV tray\nIt ain't fancy, baby that's okay\nOur time, our way\n\n");
               printf("So hold me close\nBetter hang on tight\nBuckle up, baby, it's a bumpy ride\nWe're two kids hitching down the road of life\nOur world, our fight\n\n\n\n");
               system("PAUSE");
               system("CLS");               
               printf("\nIf we stand side by side (all night)\nThere's a chance we'll get by (and it's alright)\nAnd I'll know that you'll be live\nIn my heaert till the day that I die\n\n");
               printf("Cause you were born to be my baby\nAnd baby, I was made to be your man\nWe got something to believe in\nEven if we don't know where we stand\nOnly God would know the reason\nBut I bet he must have had a plan\nCause you were born to be my baby\nAnd baby, I was made to be your man\n\n");
               printf("My heart beats like a drum (all night)\nFlesh to flesh, one to one (and it's alright)\nAnd I'll never let go cause\nThere's something I know deep inside\n\n\n\n\n");
               system("PAUSE");
               system("CLS");               
               printf("\nCause you were born to be my baby\nAnd baby, I was made to be your man\nWe got something to believe in\nEven if we don't know where we stand\nOnly God would know the reason\nBut I bet He must have had a plan\nCause you were born to be my baby\nAnd baby, I was made to be your man\n\n");
               printf("You were born to be my baby\nAnd baby, I was made to be your man\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n");
               break;

case 19:
               printf("\n\tRoses are red.\n\t\tViolets are blue.\n\tKnow in your heart,\n\t\tI'm thinking of you. xxoo\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n");
               break;

case 20:
               printf("\tThe closest thing I found to heaven,\n\t\tIs sitting here, talking to you...\n");
               printf("\n\n\n\t\t\t\"Stolen Sidewalks\" by Bif Naked\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n");
               break;

case 21:
               printf("Would you like to see how much I love you?\n\n");
               system("PAUSE");
               printf("\n");
               while (loveCount<=100000)
               {
                     printf("I love you!\t@>--'--,---\t%d\n",loveCount);
                     loveCount++;
               }
               printf("\nThat starts to scratch the surface.\n\n");
               printf("With all my love,\nJarid");      
               break;

case 22:
               printf("\n\n\n\tI don't make you feel special...\n\n\t\t\t\t...I just remind you that you are special\n\n");
               printf("\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n");
               break;

case 23:
               printf("\"I'm A Believer\"\n\n");
               printf("I thought love was only true in fairy tales\nMeant for someone else but not for me\nLove was out to get men\nThat's the way it seemed\nDisappointment haunted all my dreams\n\n");
               printf("Then I saw her face, now I'm a believer\nNot a trace of doubt in my mind\nI'm in love\nI'm a believer I couldn't leave her if I tried\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n");
               system("PAUSE");
               system("CLS");
               printf("\nI thought love was more or less a given thing\nSeems the more I gave the less I got, oh yeah\nWhat's the use in tryin'\nAll you get is pain\nWhen I wanted sunshine, I got rain\n\n");
               printf("Then I saw her face, now I'm a believer\nNot a trace of doubt in my mind\nI'm in love\nI'm a believer I couldn't leave her if I tried\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n");
               system("PAUSE");
               system("CLS");
               printf("\nWhat's the use in tryin'\nAll you get is pain\nWhen I wanted sunshine, I got rain\n\n");
               printf("Then I saw her face, now I'm a believer\nNot a trace of doubt in my mind\nI'm in love\nI'm a believer I couldn't leave her if I tried\nThen I saw her face, now I'm a believer\nNot a trace of doubt in my mind\nNow I'm a believer -- yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeaheayeahuh\nThen I saw her face\nNow I'm a believer\nNot a trace of doubt in my mind\n\n\n\n\n\n\n");
               break;

case 24:
               printf("My dearest Jenn,\n\n");
               printf("On this day in November of 2002 you and I went out on our first date.  Since\nthat day my world has changed completely, and it is all for the better.  I\ncelebrate this day each month because this marks another mile stone in our\njourney together.\n\nI love you more than you can possibly imagine!\n\n");
               printf("With all my heart,\nYour adoring husband,\nJarid\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n");
               break;

case 25:
               printf("\"Come Away With Me\"\n\n");
               printf("Come away with me in the night\nCome away with me\nAnd I will write you a song\n\n");
               printf("Come away with me on a bus\nCome away where they can't tempt us\nWith their lies\n\n");
               printf("I want to walk with you\nOn a cloudy day\nIn fields where the yellow grass grows knee-high\nSo won't you try to come\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n");
               system("PAUSE");
               system("CLS");               
               printf("\nCome away with me and we'll kiss\nOn a mountaintop\nCome away with me\nAnd I'll never stop loving you\n\n");
               printf("And I want to wake up with the rain\nFalling on a tin roof\nWhile I'm safe there in your arms\nSo all I ask is for you\nTo come away with me in the night\nCome away with me\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n");
               break;

case 26:
               printf("\"Lucky\"\n\n");
               printf("It was a Monday, when my lover told me,\n\"Never pay the reaper with love only.\"\nWhat could I say to you, except, \"I love you.\"\nAnd \"I'd give my life for yours.\"\n\n");
               printf("I know we are: we are the lucky ones.\nI know we are: we are the lucky ones.\nI know we are: we are the lucky ones, dear.\n\n");
               printf("The first time we made love, I...I wasn't sober.\nAnd you told me you loved me over and over!\nHow could I ever love another, when I miss you every day.\n\n");
               printf("Remember the time we made love in the roses?\nAnd you took my picture in all sorts of poses!\nHow could I ever get over you, when I'd give my life for yours.\n\n\n\n\n");
               system("PAUSE");
               system("CLS");               
               printf("\nI know we are...we are the lucky ones.\nI know we are...we are the lucky ones.\nI know we are...we are the lucky ones.\nI know we are...we are the lucky ones, dear.\n\n");
               printf("My dear, It's time to say I thank God for you.\nI thank God for you.  In each and every single way.\nAnd, I know...I know...I know...I know...\n");
               printf("It's time to let you know.\nTime to let you know.\nTime to let you know.\nTime to sit here and say...\n\n");
               printf("I know we are...we are the lucky ones.\nI know we are...we are the lucky ones.\nI know we are...we are the lucky ones.\nI know we are...we are the lucky ones, dear.\nWe are the lucky ones, dear...\n\n\n");
               break;

case 27:
               printf("For today I want to cut out all of the heavy handed words and tell you how I\nreally feel.\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n");
               system("Pause");
               system("CLS");
               printf("\n\n\n\n\n\n\t\t\tI LOVE YOU HEART AND SOUL!!!\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n");
               break;

case 28:
               printf("\"(Everything I Do) I Do It For You\"\n\n");
               printf("Look into my eyes - you will see\nWhat you mean to me\nSearch your heart - search your soul\nAnd when you find me there you'll search no more\n\n");
               printf("Don't tell me it's not worth tryin' for\nYou can't tell me it's not worth dyin' for\nYou know it's true\nEverything I do - I do it for you\n\n");
               printf("Look into my heart - you will find\nThere's nothin' there to hide\nTake me as I am - take my life\nI would give it all I would sacrifice\n\n");
               printf("Don't tell me it's not worth fightin' for\nI can't help it there's nothin' I want more\nYa know it's true\nEverything I do - I do it for you\n\n");
               system("PAUSE");
               system("CLS");               
               printf("\nThere's no love - like your love\nAnd no other - could give more love\nThere's nowhere - unless you're there\nAll the time - all the way\n\n");
               printf("Don't tell me it's not worth tryin' for\nI can't help it there's nothin' I want more\nI would fight for you - I'd lie for you\nWalk the wire for you - Ya I'd die for you\n\n");
               printf("Ya know it's true\nEverything I do - I do it for you\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n");
               break;

case 29:
               printf("\n\n\t\tI Love You!\n\t\t 24\\7\\365\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n");
               break;

case 30:
               printf("\"If Tomorrow Never Comes\"\n\n");
               printf("Sometimes late at night\nI lie awake and watch her sleeping\nShe's lost in peaceful dreams\nSo I turn out the lights and lay there in the dark\nAnd the thought crosses my mind\nIf I never wake up in the morning\nWould she ever doubt the way I feel\nAbout her in my heart\n\n");
               printf("If tomorrow never comes\nWill she know how much I loved her?\nDid I try in every way\nTo show her every day\nThat she's my only one?\nIf my time on earth were through\nAnd she must face the world without me\nIs the love I gave her in the past\nGonna be enough to last\nIf tomorrow never comes?\n\n");
               system("PAUSE");
               system("CLS");               
               printf("\n'Cause I've lost loved ones in my life\nWho never knew how much I loved them\nNow I live with the regret\nThat my true feelings for them never were revealed\nSo I made a promise to myself\nTo say each day how much she means to me\nAnd avoid that circumstance\nWhere there's no second chance\nTo tell her how I feel\n\n");
               printf("If tomorrow never comes\nWill she know how much I loved her?\nDid I try in every way\nTo show her every day\nThat she's my only one?\nIf my time on earth were through\nAnd she must face the world without me\nIs the love I gave her in the past\nGonna be enough to last\nIf tomorrow never comes?\n\n\n");
               system("PAUSE");
               system("CLS");               
               printf("\n\n\n\n\t\tSo tell that someone that you love\n\t\tJust what you're thinking of\n\t\tIf tomorrow never comes\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n");
               break;

case 31:
               printf("My love,\n\n");
               printf("As the month ends I look back over this small segment of time and smile because the time was spent with you.  I smile not because it was such a small amount of time; instead I smile because even a moment with you feels like a life time of\nbliss and happyness.\n\n");
               printf("Always remeber that I will always love you, now and forever.  And tomorrow\nstarts yet a new month of wonderous adventure together.\n\n");
               printf("With all the love in my being,\nJarid\n\n\n@--'--,---\t@--'--,---\t@--'--,---\n\n\n\n\n\n");
               break;
          }

// Add two blank lines and a system pause after the love note
    printf("\n\n");
    system("PAUSE");

// Clear the screen and remind Jenn to launch the program again
    system("CLS");
    printf("\nRemeber to launch this again tomorrow my love.  I have more to say.\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n");
    system("PAUSE");
}
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.