Hey guys so have an assignment for my computer programming class, i was wonder if you could help me out. im really at a loss here haha, this is basically what i have to do and if anyone has a similar program that would help me out that would be great. cheers

A particular talent competition has five judges, each of who awards a score between 0 and 10 for each
performer. Fractional scores, such as 8.3, are allowed. A performer's final score is determined by
dropping the highest and lowest scores received, then averaging the three remaining scores. Write a
program that uses this method to calculate a contestant's score. It should include the following
functions:
void getJudgeData() should ask the user for a judge's score, store it in a reference
parameter variable, and validate it. The function should be called by main once for each of the
five judges.
void calcScore() should calculate and display the average of the three scores that remain
after dropping the highest and lowest scores the performer received. This function should be
called just once by main, and should be passed the five scores.
int findLowest() should find and return the lowest of the five scores passed to it. This
function should be called by calcScore().
int findHighest() should find and return the highest of the five scores passed to it. This
function should be called by calcScore().

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Where's your code?

Edit:

I'd start by getting the numbers (hint: cin) and adding them to an array of 5 integers.

For the highest and lowest number funcitons I'd use a loop that loops 5 times checking the current number in the array against the current highest/lowest, storing the higher/lower of the two into a variable and returning that variable when the loop has completed 5 times.

The rest is variable maths.

Edit 2: That was some of the worst grammar I have ever used.

oh man, thats my problem, i understand what you mean, do you guys have any examples i can base this off of? i really appreciate the help

oh man, thats my problem, i understand what you mean, do you guys have any examples i can base this off of? i really appreciate the help

I already made the whole code, this is a very simple task, but I cannot just give it to you for plain reason that you should learn, but here is a good place to start

float getJudgeData(float judgeNum)
{
	float score = -1.0;
	while(score < 0.0 || score > 10.0)
	{
		cout << "Please Enter a Valid Score Judge # " << judgeNum << ": ";
		cin >> score;
	}
	return score;
}

its obviously not the best way to take input, but its a good place to start and build upon, try and think how you would implement this in main() , its not too hard to figure out, if you finish your code, post it and I can see if anything is wrong for you and/or change some things ;D

commented: Not giving code away? Excellent! +9
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.