is this code correct to create a new post item...

sfilepath=@""C:\Documents and Settings\example.msg";
Outlook._PostItem omail = (Outlook._PostItem)olApp.CreateItemFromTemplate(sfilepath,Type.Missing);

am new to this and mainly doesnot know the difference between mailitem and postitem..but when i create a mailitem the code rus successfully.But when using postitem it shows the below exception..

Unable to cast COM object of type 'System.__ComObject' to interface type 'Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook._PostItem'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{00063024-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}' failed due to the following error: No such interface supported (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004002 (E_NOINTERFACE)).
So then how can i create a postitem ???

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

>mainly doesnot know the difference between mailitem and postitem.

From MSDN article.

SUMMARY:
PostItem represents a post in a public folder that others may browse. Unlike a MailItem object, a PostItem object is not sent to a recipient. You use the Post method, which is analogous to the Send method for the MailItem object, to save the PostItem to the target public folder instead of mailing it.

Outlook._ContactItem omail = (Outlook._ContactItem)olApp.CreateItemFromTemplate(sfilepath,Type.Missing);

Hi, thanks for replying..i tried this..but it too shows the same exception....

>but it too shows the same exception....

Sorry! I am not a magician. You wrote that program and you should be able to figure out why it's not doing what you want.

>but it too shows the same exception....

Sorry! I am not a magician. You wrote that program and you should be able to figure out why it's not doing what you want.

k....i will try...thanks for replying....

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.