I recently bought a nice shiney new laptop with widescreen 1080p. The problem is now when I compile the application and it is run on a non-widescreen monitor it displays incorrectly. In particular the controls that are anchored to the right and bottom are displayed too far off to the right and bottom of the window on the other peoples computers.

I have changed my resolution to the standard size and cleaned the solution before recompiling but that didn't make a difference.

If anyone can help I would be truely grateful.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

I don't see how it would relate to the monitor as points are points and widths are widths regardless of aspect ratio. have you tried compiling the code without changing it on another computer. to see it is definitely the computer in question?

Thanks for replying.

I agree it is a very confusing problem, and I am only guessing that it is the resolution. However the same code compiled and displayed correctly on my old computer and when compiled and displayed using other people computers. So it is definetely something weird with this new computer.

Thanks for replying.

I agree it is a very confusing problem, and I am only guessing that it is the resolution. However the same code compiled and displayed correctly on my old computer and when compiled and displayed using other people computers. So it is definetely something weird with this new computer.

Hi

I had the same problem recently, its the font DPI setting in windows control panel.

Your PC will probably be set to 100% and your laptop 125%.

You might want to play arround with forn autosize property on your form :-)

Hope this helps

Tino

commented: Good Solve, never though of that. +2

That has done it. You must be some kind of genius:)

Thank you very much

Wow, I never would have thought of that. kudos tino

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.