Hi,

I need some help on a school project regarding visual basic. mind giving me some ideas on what mini project we can do ? Actually i got a ideas of making a pop3 portal because my school pop3 cilent looks sucky so our group intend to revamp them

Cheers
Phat !

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

I think you have answered your own question

Indeed. If you need help with understanding POP3, and how to work with it in VB, I have written a tutorial:
http://www.daniweb.com/tutorials/tutorial20424.html, which is really helpful. It doesn't go as far as I'd like (it only allows you to click "check mail" and it tells you the number of messages, but I have built a more elaborate version for personal use, that displays a notification window near the system tray, to alert me of the number of messages, and I'm working on a spam filter for it), but you might find it helpful.

Just a thought.
I think a fun project would be to create a "Simon" game, where you have colored buttons flash and allow the user to click them. I think it would also be somewhat challenging, but hey...just a thought.

commented: Good Idea +1

I like that idea.... I'd like to see source code for it :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.